Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Magna Domnus Magnus Limitada
jjmitchem 07:25 PM 01-07-2012
Casa Magna Domnus Magnus Limitada

I attended a Sag Imports Cigar event put on by Tamura's fine wine and liquor of Honolulu a few months back. Got to say the event was great with some great cigars and a variety of Whiskeys to try. I smoked a Quesada that night and stuck this one and a few others in my humidor to age a while. But when I saw all the hype over the Domnus Magnus I knew it time to pull it out. I smoked it two weeks ago and knew I wanted some more so I made the trip down to Honolulu to pick up some more with the intention of writing a review this weekend

Wrapper: Sun-grown Jalapa Wrapper (Nicaraguan)
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Size:*5 3/4 x 52 Box Pressed

pre-light draw: a combination of chocolate, tea, and wood

Initial light: cedar spice floral and citrus

Around the 1/3 point I started noticing cocoa which was more predominate on the first one I smoked and lesser on this one- perhaps the aging had something to do with it since this one sat in my humi only a week while my first one was in there for about a month. Also- I had water with this one while the first one was paired with a dram of Glenlivit which went VERY well with it.

Towards the end of the cigar the spices picked up with a very nice finish down to the nub

Burn and draw were perfect in my opinion with plenty of smoke. *Only downside was that it did not hold its ash very well - had my son laughing at me on the second dump onto my lap.

This is definitely going to be a guaranteed buy whenever I visit Tamura's at about $9.00 per stick
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:39 PM 01-07-2012
Nice review, this is my favorite Casa Magna by far and one of my top 10 releases this year
[Reply]
never_enough 08:52 PM 01-07-2012
Sounds good. Will have to give one a try if I find one.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:01 AM 01-08-2012
Nice review and pics, haven't tried on yet.
[Reply]
Up