Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Just a bottlenose dolphin...
shark 12:30 PM 12-31-2011
Hunting for fish.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=P1030135.mp4

I took this video this past week, on Sanibel Island, FL. I never saw anything like that before in my life!
[Reply]
Taki 12:32 PM 12-31-2011
Pretty cool....where was that filmed at??
[Reply]
icehog3 02:26 PM 12-31-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
Originally Posted by shark:

I took this video this past week, on Sanibel Island, FL.
I've been on waverunners near the causeway from Ft. Myers onto Sanibel...we shut them down, and a school of dolphins came and swam around, almost performing for us...very cool.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:04 PM 12-31-2011
Looks like he just popped in to say hi! I love seeing wildlife up close like that. It's awesome you were able to catch it on film. Nice!
[Reply]
shark 03:57 PM 12-31-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:

At the Mariner Pointe condos on Sanibel Island, FL. It's located right at the foot of the causeway coming in from the mainland, on Sextant Drive. Just hang a left!:-) Jeeze, I wish I had the cash to retire there....Sure it's a condo complex loaded with senior citizens, but they're livin' large there. A nice marina, some really nice (and huge) homes right on the bay....Nice! And...we rented the condo there for under one grand a week.
[Reply]
Steve 03:58 PM 12-31-2011
I have seen dolphins "herd" schools of fish up into the shallows and pin them and up against seawalls. One time we were working a sweet school of redfish in Tampa Bay and a pod of dolphins moved in a absolutely destroyed them I'm talking about a school of 20" fish. It was impressive to say the least!

Cool when we get to witness things like this. It beats the heck out of sitting on the couch!
[Reply]
Up