Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Santa Barbara Cigar and Tobacco House Cigar
sikk50 02:49 PM 12-21-2011

No I picked this up two days ago because the pig tailed foot caught my attention. A quick synopsis I got on it was its Honduran rolled with Ecuadorian wrapper, Mexican binder, and Honduran filler. It was right around $7 in Cali which ain't terrible. Bare with my random collective thoughts!

Drink: French spice quartet tea with honey (later ditched for diet coke as I found it to influence the cigars taste too much)
Cutter: Xi2
Lighter: Lotus single flame

Prelight: Tight draw probably from the big tailed foot, but a sweet earthy flavor.

First third: the draw loosened immediately. First thought was almost reminiscent of a Taboo Twist. Toasty with a very slight white pepper finish. Turned to a sweet earthy with the pepper fading out.

Second third: got more earthy with sweet tobacco which maintained as the dominent flavor through out this third.

Final Third: mainly earthy losing its sweetness. Pepper returned and became more prominent. Never became harsh though I numbed it to a half inch or so. No lingering after taste what so ever.

Additional notes and final thought: no burn issues even when allowed to sit for periods. It didn't produce tons of smoke. Nose exhale was not unbearable at all. Medium bodied. For $7 Id buy these all say long! The pig tail was created with a much lighter shade of wrapper but I didn't get clearifucation on what lead was used for this when I called to get the origins of the leafs. My book it gets 8.5/10. Very complex and enjoyable!

Last pic I took before enjoying the rest:

[Reply]
Mr B 04:13 PM 12-21-2011
Nice Review & Pics. Thanks Andrew.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:17 PM 12-21-2011
Sounds interesting.
[Reply]
Taki 07:25 PM 12-21-2011
Thanks for sharing brother!! Nice pics too :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:58 PM 12-22-2011
cool, i like your photography.
[Reply]
Up