Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Mark-up on out-of-production or aged stock?
Yes. They stored it and aged it. 33 44.00%
Yes. If I can get something I couldn't before, it's worth it. 33 44.00%
No. What they paid is what they should charge. 7 9.33%
No. If they're selling, it must be worth less, not more. 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Collectible Vs "share the share" (discuss)
Stephen 08:34 AM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I'm with Tom, I'm not opposed to paying markup for something I can't easily get my hands on, as long as the price is fair. Fair is a relative term as well, what I think may be an absurd markup may be what someone else is willing to pay.
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Ditto.
Me three.
[Reply]
hdryder 05:38 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by goomer:
If the ban on flavored cigars goes through I would imagine certain cigars like Acids will be worth more. The biggest effect will be on the lack of affordable cigars due to the end of online ordering and the availability of cigars in many rural areas that don't have a good cigar shop.
If the ban on flavored cigars goes through I am betting it wont stop there:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:09 PM 12-17-2011
I really hope people band together, and push their congressman
and senators to support our cause! This makes no sense!
[Reply]
shilala 09:29 AM 12-22-2011
I pay a premium for "almost impossible to find cigars I like" all the time, and I'm happy to pay it. If a guy has had a box of smokes in his care for 10 years, it has definately cost him something quantifiable to store them correctly and keep them nice for me to smoke.
If he paid five bucks a stick ten years ago, I'm more than happy to pay 10 bucks a stick now, and I think that's a bargain. :-)
[Reply]
Frodo 11:07 AM 12-25-2011
For me, HTF sticks like Opus X are different from say - Boris. Older out of production sticks should charge what the market will bear but I won't be buying them. I won't begrudge the seller either though.

Sticks with limited availability like Viajes are different. If they are a recent release I would frown on mark-ups close to their release. Of course the seller can do what he/she wants but this does smack of opportunism. Same with Opus Xs.

Something like Casa Fuente is somewhere in the middle for me. Perhaps a modest mark up I would tolerate (10% ish)...
[Reply]
sikk50 11:57 AM 12-25-2011
For cigars no longer produced yes of course, and I'd gladly pay extra if I want it. HTF....idk. I pay more for them but I don't like to.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up