Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Made friends with a Cuban
Sonic04GT 10:22 AM 12-05-2011
Probably not a big deal for most but I thought this was pretty neat and I'd share the brief story.

So my older cousin came down to visit for the weekend and along with my father he wanted to go see some old friends that lived down here, so we did so Saturday afternoon. Well in the midst of conversation among one of the friends I start chatting with his neighbor who says he's from Cuba so of course I naturally mention cigars and we BS for a little bit. I then threw the question out about some CC's and told him I'd be willing to buy a couple if he had a stash. He insists I walk a few houses down to his and he comes out with a box of Cohibas and puts one in my hand. He said I seemed to be close with his neighbor (father and cousin grew up with him 40+ years ago) and it was his gift. My eyes widened haha as the only other Cuban I've had was a Hoyo Du Roi that NCRadioMan bombed me with a while back.

Chatted for a little more and he told me about the "Cuban Humidor" before I told him I had one to keep the CC in. It involved wrapping the cigar in some paper towels and placing it in a bag in the air handler :-) Also said when I smoke it to dip the head in some Cognac. I guess he figured out I was a noob and told me not to inhale it or it might kill me haha He came over around the Tony Montana era.

Here's a couple pics. Looks legit to me. :-) It's in the freezer now so it can rest at home in my "sterile" humidor. Maybe smoke it on Xmas or a special occasion.

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:28 AM 12-05-2011
Nice, thanks for sharing!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:50 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Nice, thanks for sharing!
:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:43 PM 12-07-2011
Nice one.
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:55 PM 12-07-2011
Come meet a couple more Cubans at Cuban Crafters, 6 tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 02:04 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Come meet a couple more Cubans at Cuban Crafters, 6 tonight. :-)
Haha sounds good but a little far for me, especially planning now.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:07 PM 12-07-2011
Dated a Cuban girl once, if you can call two dates "dating". After that she added me to her stalking list, so me and one of her ex's got her 2 years in prison.
[Reply]
lenguamor 02:16 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Haha sounds good but a little far for me, especially planning now.
You north too? A lot of our Soflos are in Broward or Palm Beach.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Dated a Cuban girl once, if you can call two dates "dating". After that she added me to her stalking list, so me and one of her ex's got her 2 years in prison.
Daaaamn, Tom...good thing you didn't let a bad experience with one Cuban ruin your taste for the others; especially the short brown ones with bands on them. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:06 PM 12-07-2011
Daaaamn, Tom...good thing you didn't let a bad experience with one Cuban ruin your taste for the others; especially the short brown ones with bands on them. :-)
No way, Joe, have several human Cuban friends, and scores of lil brown ones! :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 03:37 PM 12-07-2011
Gotta love CC's!!! Nice!!!
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:34 PM 12-07-2011
Smoke it NOW!!!
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:59 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That the gangster-ist thing I have heard today period!
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 08:13 PM 12-07-2011
You've got one good smoke there! :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:09 PM 12-07-2011
You north too? A lot of our Soflos are in Broward or Palm Beach.

Yeah I'm up in Palm Beach :-)

Originally Posted by BnBTobacco:
You've got one good smoke there! :-)
:-)
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Gotta love CC's!!! Nice!!!
Yeah I'm pretty excited to try it.
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Smoke it NOW!!!
Haha well it has to settle after its freezer time now! If I don't smoke it on Xmas it'll probably sit in the humi for a while, but nothing wrong with that :-)
[Reply]
Up