Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What Cigar Is This?
irratebass 11:32 AM 12-04-2011
Marlon gave me a stick that he has had in his humi forever and even he doesn't know what it is.

It came in a glass tube and the cigar was wrapped in spanish cedar and it had a cork, which also had a small round piece of cedar on top of the cork.

It's hard to read, but the band on the outside of the tube says D'OR CALIDAD SUPREMA with the roman numerals MDCCXCII here's a couple of pics out of the tube

I did a google search, but the only Calidad's I could find had the initals J.R. on the band, so I am assuming that is not it, and the Calidad site itself offered no pics.

Anyone want to take a stab at this?
[Reply]
JeffyB 01:32 PM 12-04-2011
The logo on the band look similar to one from here. Another site says that the Cuban version was deleted from the Habanos portfolio in 2005 and that there's a non-Cuban brand with the same name.
Not sure if this helps or not...
[Reply]
irratebass 02:29 PM 12-04-2011
Originally Posted by JeffyB:
The logo on the band look similar to one from here. Another site says that the Cuban version was deleted from the Habanos portfolio in 2005 and that there's a non-Cuban brand with the same name.
Not sure if this helps or not...
That certainly does! Thanks Jeffy :-)
[Reply]
Marlon K 08:16 PM 12-04-2011
Looks like one you smoke. LMAO
[Reply]
backwoods357 08:42 PM 12-04-2011
Is that plume on the cigar in the first picture?

(Nb4 anni's)
[Reply]
Garbandz 07:15 AM 12-05-2011
http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/bra...brand=Caba|nas ..... here is the original band.......
[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:46 AM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by Marlon K:
Looks like one you smoke. LMAO
lmao
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:50 AM 12-05-2011
This thread title always makes me sing:

What cigar is this that lay to rest on christmas day in the morning???
[Reply]
shilala 07:50 AM 12-05-2011
I have some cc Cabanas. They are celloed machine mades. little bitty things.
The logo is the same, but the band isn't remotely close. My guess is that's the non-cc version.
Probably a churchill from JR's.

[Reply]
Up