Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>My Poor Truck . . .
RGD. 10:14 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Got any pictures of the whole thing? I love Ford Diesels.
Here are a few pics - 2004 F350 King Ranch 4x4 FX4

Ron

[Reply]
RGD. 10:18 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
My daughter says your truck looks like Optimus Prime now. Congrats!
I like the way your daughter thinks - :-)

I nicknamed name her the Double Helix way back - but to others she has been known as the Truckinator - :-)

Ron
[Reply]
RGD. 10:25 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
Power Strokes usually don’t F--K-UP have you ruled out that your Chevy buddies dint sabotage you. LOL

Looks good!
Originally Posted by jluck:
unless it's the 6.0.......:-)
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Where and when I grew up almost every teenaged boy "went into" auto mechanics. Some made it their profession.

I have the 6.0 and I thought it was a lemon at first but now that the issues with it are known you can stay ahead of them and keep the engine running fine like the awesome powerhouse that it is. I can pass semis on the freeway while towing my trailer uphill at 80 mph. And mine is stock.
My boss is a Chevy man - but unlike him I have pictures of me towing his Chevy's to the dealer for repairs!

I went 98K+ miles on this 6.0 with no problems. And that is with a 165HP race chip in her from mile 28. That's how many miles it took me to get her home. At 98K+ the Ford dealer replaced the EGR cooler under warranty and it's been this and that minor problem since then.

Now she is running the best ever. I have blown the tube from the intercooler to the intake off three times this week - so I guess I will have to spend a few bucks and get the upgraded metal tube with silicone boots. The stock one is plastic.

Other than that I'm a happy camper - :-)

Ron
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 11:17 AM 02-04-2012
That's a great looking truck.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:40 PM 02-04-2012
Clean the joint on the intercooler tubes and apply hair spray. The stock ones come with a tacky substance on them that only works once.
[Reply]
RGD. 07:54 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Clean the joint on the intercooler tubes and apply hair spray. The stock ones come with a tacky substance on them that only works once.

Thanks for the tip - didn't think of that. When I bought the silicone boots for the other side they came as a set of four. Was looking today to see if I couldn't fit one over the stock tube.

Ron
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up