Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>RP 99? at Famous
bonjing 08:27 PM 11-28-2008
I tried a cigar while on vacation back in august and i couldn't remember what it was. all i remember is that it had two white labels. while searching the online i think i found it at Famous, it is the RP 1999, at least i hope it is.:-)

i have a question though for the cigar gurus here. what is the difference between the 1999 connecticut and the 1999 that's not labeled conecticut? to me they look the same other then being offered in a 5 pack vs a box of 20.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:42 PM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I tried a cigar while on vacation back in august and i couldn't remember what it was. all i remember is that it had two white labels. while searching the online i think i found it at Famous, it is the RP 1999, at least i hope it is.:-)

i have a question though for the cigar gurus here. what is the difference between the 1999 connecticut and the 1999 that's not labeled conecticut? to me they look the same other then being offered in a 5 pack vs a box of 20.

I didn't think hemde a Vntage 1999 that wasn't a CT. I 've seen the regular CT without the Vin. 1999 band but not the other way around.
[Reply]
Totemic 08:58 PM 11-28-2008
They're two completely different blends.
The RP Connecticut (without the Vintage banding) is a Cigars International specific blend. You'll only find them at CI, CBid and Cigar.com.

RP Vintage 1999 Connecticut is a 'B&M' blend (meaning it's a blend he makes available to everyone).

I'm not a real big fan of either blends as both tend to be pretty mild, so I can't really make a recommendation for either of them.

I used to smoke quite a few RP Connecticut (the CI blend), but almost like a switch going off, they started tasting really flat and bland to me so I've since moved on.
[Reply]
Up