Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>black friday pick ups?
DrDubzz 01:26 PM 11-28-2008
ok so this stuff wasn't on sale, but it's still black friday.

I picked up today:

some flints for my new old boy lighter

la riqueza #5
Illusione MK
Oliva V Lancero

never had any of these lines, so I'm looking forward to trying them out soon.

anyone else pick anything up today?
[Reply]
8lug 01:31 PM 11-28-2008
I just came home from my B&M with 2 boxes of Anejo's.(MSRP) I love this time of year:-)
[Reply]
acarr 01:40 PM 11-28-2008
I picked up 2 Oliva V Maddies
1 Anejo Shark,
1 Anejo 48
1 Comacho Triple Maddie
and 1 Oliva O that said classic on it. I have never seen one of these before and looked like it was hidden in the shop for a while. Anyone know what these are?
[Reply]
troutbreath 01:41 PM 11-28-2008
Those are THREE really great smokes. I'm a big fan of the La Riqueza #5.

I have not yet left the sofa, so no shopping yet.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:31 PM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by RX2010:
la riqueza #5
Illusione MK
Oliva V Lancero
to sweeten the deal, I just noticed that he only charged me for two of the cigars and that he gave me a discount on the ones he did charge me for.

I got out of there for 12 bucks, when it should have been about 20
[Reply]
hotreds 05:24 PM 11-28-2008
to sweeten the deal, I just noticed that he only charged me for two of the cigars and that he gave me a discount on the ones he did charge me for.

I got out of there for 12 bucks, when it should have been about 20
Better than a swift kick to the groin, that's for sure!
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 05:32 PM 11-28-2008
ok so this stuff wasn't on sale, but it's still black friday.

I picked up today:

some flints for my new old boy lighter

la riqueza #5
Illusione MK
Oliva V Lancero

never had any of these lines, so I'm looking forward to trying them out soon.

anyone else pick anything up today?
You'll enjoy those:-)
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 05:34 PM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by acarr:
I picked up 2 Oliva V Maddies
1 Anejo Shark,
1 Anejo 48
1 Comacho Triple Maddie
and 1 Oliva O that said classic on it. I have never seen one of these before and looked like it was hidden in the shop for a while. Anyone know what these are?
Nice pick-up.... I would recommend leaving the Oliva V Maduro sit a bit...I'm smoking one right now, and it needs a bit of time... Lucky for me I have another single and a box left...
[Reply]
ripper 06:24 PM 11-28-2008
Spent Thanksgiving night bidding on cigar auctions.
Scored a lot of 3 bundles of Famous Maduro Nicaraguan robustos - seconds of Oliva O maduros:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...cfm/inum/28635
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:02 PM 11-28-2008
I stopped my my local B&M only to see that their Anejo's had not yet come in . This store has been the only place I have ventured to on black friday the past 2 years because of the Anejo's being there . I bought a Hemingway Classic and was informed of the Anejo's imminent arrival . :-)
[Reply]
Good_Stogies_Mon 08:43 PM 11-28-2008
I ordered a new 300 count humidor from Cheap Humidors for 5% off :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:45 AM 11-29-2008
I was going to order a bunch of trays for my humi from Bargain Humidors since they were offering 15% off for Black Friday but they were back ordered so I didn't bother.
[Reply]
Footbag 07:58 AM 11-29-2008
A couple of Oliva V Maduro's. I've never seen the B&M more crowded.
[Reply]
doctorcue 01:28 PM 11-29-2008
Bought some tail-gating smokes:

Padron 3000 M x4
Tat P1 x2

Also got two Illusione 88s & one Mi Barrio. Wish I could have got more stick but I'm trying to be a good boy.
[Reply]
BHowe 01:42 PM 11-29-2008
I went with hopes of finding some Anejo's but was unlucky.

Ended up with a Vegas Cubana's pedo
some Fuente Grand Reserva ( I get em all confused)
And a Padron 26 Madie #2

It just looked way to good to pass up!
[Reply]
velvet jones 03:07 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by acarr:
These are the original Olivas before the reblended Series G,O,V,Special S. Hence the name classic. They have a cloth band.

Dennis
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 03:35 PM 11-29-2008
Went to pick up my brother and we went to The Briary in Birmingham where I smoked an Oliva Series V torpedo. Before leaving, I discovered they had just opened a box of the NEW CAO Lx2!!!! (double ligero) Below is a picture, and since I picked one up for a buddy of mine, we're gonna have one in his smoking room tonight, where you can expect better pictures than the one below and a full review! :-)

Jason
Attached: CAOLx2.jpg (88.9 KB) 
[Reply]
schnell987 04:17 PM 11-29-2008
Ok, so I finally gave in. Ordered a Savinelli pipe & pipe lighter from Mark at Cigarmony (he had - and still has - some ultra low prices on a good number of items). Been wanting to try a pipe for a while now, and with the cold comes smoking in my man-cave (unheated garage). Looking forward to new flavors/experiences, warm hands from holding the pipe, and maybe even a positive comment from my wife about the aroma! :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 03:01 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
I stopped my my local B&M only to see that their Anejo's had not yet come in . This store has been the only place I have ventured to on black friday the past 2 years because of the Anejo's being there . I bought a Hemingway Classic and was informed of the Anejo's imminent arrival . :-)
My B&M got their holiday shipment in , Hemi maddies 3 sizes and 1 box of Anejos , #55 . Just so happens to be the one Anejo I don't care for at all . So today I went to both Holts in Philly , first in North east Philly , all they had were #55's , Uggh ! They did have alot of Opus X though so I bought 2 Perfexion #4's(store limit) . Then I went to the center city location and scored 3 #48's(store limit) , finally found one I like . I checked at one other store I've bought from in the past and the new clerk just shook his head no when I asked . I'll be going back to Holt's again hoping to find some Sharks as they and the #48 are the 2 from the line I like most .
[Reply]
Fumador 03:10 PM 12-04-2008
I picked up an Alec Bradley Tempus, a Consuegra Maduro and a Camacho Triple Maduro. All good smokes.
[Reply]
Up