Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>True brothers, I am humbled, and moved
shemp 02:34 AM 11-28-2008
I wanted it known publicly, that contrary to those viscious rumors people say about Tim (14holestogie) and Andrew (acarr), they actually are nice guys and a true brothers. :-) please give them some reputation. I came home from job hunting,:-):-) and picked up the mail...in the box were two packages with very uplifting notes and tasty smokes.

From 14holestogie:
an encouraging letter from the heart, which really meant just as much as the smokes, and...
rocky p connecticut
Alec bradley 1997 harvest selection
Gran habano blue label
Indian tabac super fuerte
and something i haven't seen before a Don Diego Grande tubo NAPA

From acarr:
another encouraging letter with very specific instructions which makes it all so wonderfull, as you will see:

in his package he sent a list of what to smoke and when... it went like this:

"Enclosed are the following
1 backwoods wild and mild: for when the times get real hard!
1 oliva special G maduro: for in between job interviews!
1 Victor sinclair serie 55 robusto: for whenever you have some free time!
1 Fuente Opus X robusto: for when you find a job!
1 JDN Antano 1970 Churchill: for when you need a little buzz!
and
1 PAM 1964: for your first raise!"

i actually started to well up, but being a man's man, i sucked it up and swigged my beer so my wife and son wouldn't see:-):-)

I was thuroughly humbled and blown away by these two brothers, and have come to the realization that you guys here at the asylum are just great human beings. I hope i'm not being to overboard about this, but i am just shocked and amazed that people whom we have never met, and may never meet, would go to such lengths. My wife and son were blown away also. we all had huge grins on our faces, just because of this kindness. I am so proud to be associated with you guys, and will pay it back and much more when i am able, not out of duty but because of the love that was shown. To know that i could do that to another brother, or sister, is an opportunity i look forward to. i have pictures that i will post soon, i cant find the dongle connection thingy for the camera, but i'm sure my wife knows where it is.

my most sincere thanks to all of you.

clark
[Reply]
longknocker 04:30 AM 11-28-2008
Great Folks and True Brothers & Sisters Here in "The Asylum"! Hope your future bodes well, Brother!

Greg
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:42 AM 11-28-2008
There are some cool cats around these parts,I agree.

Great job guys :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 05:45 AM 11-28-2008
You've been bombed by some of the best!!!!
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:07 AM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
You've been bombed by some of the best!!!!
I'm not sure that's true, but we did and continue to learn from the best.
Triple F is one of a large group on this board that would send you the shirt off their back if need be.

It's not about the cigars, it's about the joy a simple act can bring. Seeing someone else appreciate these small things brings the giver more joy than a humidor full of the best.

Thanks for the kind words, Clark. Seeing you back on your feet in the future and bringing a smile to others at that time is all the thanks needed.

Tim
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:20 AM 11-28-2008
Good job Tim and Andrew. Well done.
[Reply]
acarr 06:33 AM 11-28-2008
I guess you will be able to wait now to try those Mosaico cigars.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:01 AM 11-28-2008
Excellent hit! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:15 AM 11-28-2008
Good job fellas!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:36 AM 11-28-2008
Good onya fellows!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:47 AM 11-28-2008
Brought a smile to my face....very cool, Gents! :-)
[Reply]
rck70 09:18 AM 11-28-2008
Nice job guy's......that's what this place is all about.....good friends and good cigars...

Good luck on the Job hunt...i am sure you will land something soon!!!!:-)
[Reply]
parafumar 09:33 AM 11-28-2008
nice work fellas!
[Reply]
shemp 10:40 AM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by acarr:
I guess you will be able to wait now to try those Mosaico cigars.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Secret Santa 10:45 AM 11-28-2008
That's the way to do it fellas. Nice job!
[Reply]
BlackIrish 12:25 PM 11-28-2008
Every day I see more and more proof that this is an amazing community. Our wives and girlfriends and family and friends can't understand why we send boxes of cigars to people we've only met on the internet. But this is why.

Glad to be a part of this place.

BlackIrish
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dentonparrots 12:35 PM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by BlackIrish:
Our wives and girlfriends and family and friends can't understand why we send boxes of cigars to people we've only met on the internet. But this is why.
Glad to be a part of this place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice thread. Kinda says it all right there.

I've recently posted off a nice 1970's Partagas that I didn't have the balls to try because I knew it would make someone have a day-long smile when it gets to them, I know that because I was gifted it originally and it made me smile like hell :-) ...and I'd have probably cried when I lit it anyway!
[Reply]
Scottw 01:34 PM 11-28-2008
Great hit. Can't wait for you to light that Opus!! Good luck in the hunt.
[Reply]
Biglizard1 11:16 AM 11-29-2008
the kind acts on this site are so incredible.... beyond words fellas!!! Props
[Reply]
CBI_2 12:05 PM 11-29-2008
Great job guys! Way to lift a brother's spirits.:-)
This is what the brotherhood here is all about.
[Reply]
Up