Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Quesada tributo Alvaro
Don Fernando 11:05 AM 10-08-2011
This is the third out of the four Quesada Tributo cigars I reviewed and it’s the only torpedo. The cigar measures 6x52 and has a 5 euro price tag in The Netherlands. I like the fact that every single Quesada Tributo has a sticker on the cellophane with the name of the cigar and the sizes. All manufacturers should do that.

The cigar has a chocolate brown and oily wrapper and a smell of hay. I love the stylish bands, simple yet beautiful. The construction feels great and that causes a fine predraw, which tastes like tobacco and raisin, with a little kick to it.

I taste a mild bitter coffee with an earthy flavour and far on the background some chocolate. The flavors are medium strong. After a quarter of an inch the flavors are getting less bitter. After half an inch I taste earth with come chocolate. The chocolate fades away, the earthy flavour is the main flavour. After an inch and a half I taste macadamia nuts next to the earth flavour and some peanuts.

After a third I get some red pepper with all the flavors mentioned before. Halfway I taste that earthy flavour again with a little bit of chocolate and wood. Sometime later the nut flavors return too. After two thirds the cigars gets a mild metallic touch to it and again, a hint of red pepper. Near the end I get a lot of wood in the flavour.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw is great and the smoke is reasonable. The dark ash is firm and the burn is good. This cigar is medium flavoured and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, not a bad cigar but nothing special.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up