Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Land Shark
Beagleone 01:32 PM 11-26-2008
Anyone interested, the Sharks have landed. I got 5 already, but the B&M only got one box of each Anejo. Good luck hunting!

:-)
[Reply]
warpedcigars 03:05 PM 11-26-2008
Saw 3 boxes of Sharks behind the counter at my B&M. When asked how much, the guy replied "the owner says not to sell any, he wants them for himself.".

Very sad :-).
[Reply]
SvilleKid 03:17 PM 11-26-2008
Sharks were spoken for when I got the call. Settled for the box of 46's.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:47 PM 11-26-2008
I got a call from my local and because of the price I passed.
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:18 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Sharks were spoken for when I got the call. Settled for the box of 46's.
You got the better end of the deal... the 46s are #1 in the line. There is a reason why more than 2/3 of my anejos are 46s... :-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:35 PM 11-26-2008
I have got to tell you, I absolutely love my B&M. They are "Stand Up" all around. They never charge more than a few pennies over MSRP (if that) and since I'm there like every other day they always hook me up. I just picked up 6 (46's) and 5 (50's). I would of gotten more but I wanted to let the other BOTL that frequent the shop a chance. You can bet I'll be back Friday to pick up more. I also bought a box of Olvia serie V Maduro and a box of Opus X Robusto's. You wouldn't believe the price so, I'll show you.

Anejo Reserva No. 50 (got 5 for $9.00 each)

Anejo Reserva No. 46 (got 6 for $8.15 each)

Opus X Robusto (got a box for $15.50 each)

Oliva Serie V Maduro (got a box for $8.20 each)

I need to slow down, I know. I just can't get over how much some B&M and online retailers charge over MSRP. Sometimes I will walk into a B&M and see what they charge and just walk out. I can't respect a retailer if they don't respect their customers. I don't mind paying a few dollars over MSRP, but $15 or $20 over is just a slap in the face IMHO.
You guys let me know if you need anything and I will be happy to check into it. I don't want my BOTL getting ripped off. Not if I can help it.
[Reply]
renton20 12:45 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
I have got to tell you, I absolutely love my B&M. They are "Stand Up" all around. They never charge more than a few pennies over MSRP (if that) and since I'm there like every other day they always hook me up. I just picked up 6 (46's) and 5 (50's). I would of gotten more but I wanted to let the other BOTL that frequent the shop a chance. You can bet I'll be back Friday to pick up more. I also bought a box of Olvia serie V Maduro and a box of Opus X Robusto's. You wouldn't believe the price so, I'll show you.

Anejo Reserva No. 50 (got 5 for $9.00 each)

Anejo Reserva No. 46 (got 6 for $8.15 each)

Opus X Robusto (got a box for $15.50 each)

Oliva Serie V Maduro (got a box for $8.20 each)

I need to slow down, I know. I just can't get over how much some B&M and online retailers charge over MSRP. Sometimes I will walk into a B&M and see what they charge and just walk out. I can't respect a retailer if they don't respect their customers. I don't mind paying a few dollars over MSRP, but $15 or $20 over is just a slap in the face IMHO.
You guys let me know if you need anything and I will be happy to check into it. I don't want my BOTL getting ripped off. Not if I can help it.
Very nice pickup man, that is an unbelievable price on those anejos. I haven't even seen them at my B&M yet. Hope that they taste as good as they look :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 06:27 AM 11-27-2008
Nice haul and excellent prices on everything. My local B&M would have charged double and maybe closer to triple of what you paid.
[Reply]
mooremedic 06:45 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by warpedcigars:
Saw 3 boxes of Sharks behind the counter at my B&M. When asked how much, the guy replied "the owner says not to sell any, he wants them for himself.".

Very sad :-).

That is wrong on so many levels...
[Reply]
Up