Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Question about Beads
Lonely Raven 11:57 AM 10-04-2011
I did lots of searching and didn't find this specific question/answer anywhere.

Is it safe to have the Heartfelt beads on direct contact with the wood, or do I need to have it in a plastic container?

I'm drawing plans for my humidor I'm going to build soon, and I'm wondering if I should have a cedar box just for beads, or if I should design a section of the humidor to hold a container.

I don't want to trash the wood if it's not safe to have the beads in direct contact.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:59 AM 10-04-2011
as long as the beads are in something like a mesh bag, you'll be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ogre 12:00 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
as long as the beads are in something like a mesh bag, you'll be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) it is safe.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:07 PM 10-04-2011
Panyhose my brotha
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:30 PM 10-04-2011
I have different beads but what I did (Because I am still a newb that over thinks everything) is set the bag of beads on a piece of spanish cedar I removed from an empty cigar box. It work nice.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:32 PM 10-04-2011
Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I was just looking to avoid the bag of beads look for my humidor. I'll just have to buy a tube from Heartfelt and work it into the design of the interior.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:34 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I was just looking to avoid the bag of beads look for my humidor. I'll just have to buy a tube from Heartfelt and work it into the design of the interior.
Yah just remember you want as much open surface space as possible on your beads. Thats why they don't recommend a bead box.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:47 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Yah just remember you want as much open surface space as possible on your beads. Thats why they don't recommend a bead box.
Already on top of that. It was going to have a lot of surface area.

I think if I still do a box, it's going to be floating, and have brass mesh. Hmm, gears turning...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:08 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Hmm, gears turning...
haha sounds like it!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:30 PM 10-04-2011
I have mine tied in a stocking deal sitting in a Tupperware container.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 03:50 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I have mine tied in a stocking deal sitting in a Tupperware container.
I have some kitty litter in an empty butter tub in my tupperware humidor. I'm hoping my next humidor would be....a little more classy. :-)
[Reply]
RCS44 07:41 PM 10-08-2011
I have some beads from heartfelt industries in my humidor. I have them in a plastic container that stores them. I also have beads in a mesh bag as well.
[Reply]
Up