Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My lighter issues
Whee 11:34 AM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I see your point, but I only smoke one a day and on the weekends MAYBE 2-3, so only smoking 1 a day I shouldn't have to refill daily right?

Here is what I bought, and I just refilled all my lighters and guess what? They didn't light, so I tried it again and now they light.....weird man, I think I need someone to show me how to do this.

Sounds like a herf....:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:39 AM 09-17-2011
I'm down, just say where and when! :-)
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 12:18 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Get Vector, Xikar or Lucienne butane. Everything will go much smoother.
The fuel makes a huge difference. I have two Blazer torches (one was "confiscated" by the wife), two other cheapo butane torch lighters, and some butane candles that are really nice. The brands listed are great, agreed. I use King butane and can recommend it highly. Big thing here is that King is very reasonably priced. I bought a 12 case of their big cans for $34.95 (shipping extra) and use it in all my butane torches and candles. Never a problem, works great.

Purge your lighter before filling, use good fuel, NOT Ronson...!! 99% of all problems go away if you follow those steps.

Good luck - N.F.H.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 12:20 PM 09-17-2011
......Here is what I bought, and I just refilled all my lighters and guess what? They didn't light, so I tried it again and now they light.....weird man, I think I need someone to show me how to do this....
That's actually pretty common. The fuel will be very cold after the fill; give them 10 mins or so to warm up to room temperature and try again. Should be good to go then.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:03 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by NotFromHere:
That's actually pretty common. The fuel will be very cold after the fill; give them 10 mins or so to warm up to room temperature and try again. Should be good to go then.
I was giving them 3-5 mins since I am impatient, but they have been sitting for good hour and 1/2 let me try again.

They seem to be doing ok now....thanks all and again :-) for the noobness.

Sean...I'm still down for a herf.....get wit' me.
[Reply]
Whee 02:24 PM 09-17-2011
I was giving them 3-5 mins since I am impatient, but they have been sitting for good hour and 1/2 let me try again.

They seem to be doing ok now....thanks all and again :-) for the noobness.

Sean...I'm still down for a herf.....get wit' me.
lemme shake this crud I got...:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up