Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>This Is Expensive!
irratebass 12:28 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I completely agree, cigars give you a chance to step away from your everyday life and enjoy a few minutes of peace. You can't put a price on that!
Hear Hear! I know I am much more relaxed after a good long smoke :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 01:29 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Still helluva lot cheaper than collecting, say....wives. Believe me.
:-)
[Reply]
lostark374 01:32 PM 09-12-2011
I bid 1 dowwa!!!!!
[Reply]
Loon 06:53 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
Cigars are a cheap hobby. One of these competition aerobatics models is equivalent in price to your entire collection, and you're only one mistake or broken part missed during a preflight check away from loosing the whole thing. Travel costs to district competitions are a large factor as well.

[Reply]
Nathan King 07:12 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Loon:
LOL. I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal or anything. I'm just making a point that there are A TON of hobbies that are more financially draining/risky than smoking cigars.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:28 PM 09-12-2011
I'll be in my bunk.

Er....

In a van, down by the river.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:39 PM 09-12-2011
If I ever tallied how much I spent on McRib sandwiches when they come around, I'd need a cigar to relax.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:50 PM 09-12-2011
I have a problem with hoard....er.....collecting. I tend to jump around from one thing to another.

I got my 2 credit cards paid off, and I already designated one for guns, and one for cigars. SWMBO and pays the bills put the kaibash on that VERY quickly. She doesn't mind a few at a time.

If I came home with a cooler (which were on sale at Wally World this past weekend, btw), a box or three, and an oasis, we'd all be in the spare bedroom. For good.

So this is one hobby I have to keep under control.
[Reply]
shilala 10:03 PM 09-12-2011
I didn't find that the expense required any coping. It hasn't required any psychological therapy or support groups, either. Every dime I put into this hobby is enjoyable, and if time comes it's not, I'll stop spending on it.
Your words imply you've created a negative issue for yourself. You can't unspend the money, so if it's bothersome, don't spend so much. Maybe enjoy your pipe more?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 10:06 PM 09-12-2011
As much as Kat will let me :-),Thank God she has more expensive taste than I do so I win :-)

Sure beats collecting more boats:-)
[Reply]
BUC WHITE 10:54 PM 09-12-2011
when i first started smoking i wanted to try everything. i had a good 300+ sticks in my coolidor, which I though was alot at the time. i remember i started with a regular ol 50 count humi. i am back down to a select few cigars that I enjoy and currently use a 150 count wineador that only has about 50 cigars in it. it gets expensive. stop buying cigars for alittle while and you'll see some money
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 04:05 AM 09-13-2011
Many thanks for all the feedback. I bring my angst to cigars, and many times a pleasurable smoke is capable of providing relief; and angst aside, overall, I just love smoking them!!

There were many replies to that effect.
[Reply]
gorob23 11:41 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't put a price on stress-busting relaxation. :-)
Are we still talking cigars :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up