Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nub maduro tubo
Don Fernando 12:27 PM 09-08-2011
I did review the Nub maduro before and I wasn't a big fan of these, probably due to the 60 ring size, which I am not a big fan off. But when my friends at Studio Tobac shipped two Nub maduro 460 my way to show off the new tubos I decided to write another review, just so that I can post pictures of the fantastic tubo. Funny side story, I had seen the tubos before the European Oliva distributer had seen them, so I gave him one. Once I removed the lid I see that the tubo is sealed with a piece of tinfoiled cork to keep the cigar fresh, smart thinking by the people at Studio Tobac.

The wrapper looks dry and has a nice chocolate color with two veins. The cigar has quite a strong barnyard smell and a nice, firm construction. The cigar is well made and finished. The wrapper is quite thick and the predraw is fine.

I taste coffee and wood with a sugar sweetness. The cigar is quite spicy too. After half an inch I taste dry wood which is very mild musty and quite sweet.

Halfway I taste dry wood with herbs, the cigar gets even sweeter but the sweetness isn't sugar like before. Near the end I taste wood with an earthy flavor, the sweetness is gone but I do taste some herbs.

This cigar lasted me an hour and thirty-five minutes. The draw is a bit on the loose side but I got great smoke. The burn is great too and I get firm white ash. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Probably not, but I dig the tubo!

Appearance: 8 / 10 for the cigar 9 / 10 for the tubo
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:03 PM 09-08-2011
I really like these cigars. Working from home today and I just finished smoking one, funny that this thread would pop up.
I think you desdcribed it well, anything with the taste of coffee is okay by me. I don't mind the 60rg it just feels right on these NUBs. Mine wasn't a tubo though. Alot of people bash these because they think they will only get a short burn time but they really do last a while like you notated.
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 01:23 PM 09-08-2011
I have 10 of these resting in my Tupperware right now, non Tubos of course.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:45 PM 09-08-2011
I think they should make the tube longer and put 2 cigars in it!!!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:49 PM 09-08-2011
sorry guys, it's the Habano, not the Maduro
[Reply]
G G 02:16 PM 09-08-2011
Nice review Ferdie.
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:31 PM 09-08-2011
Didn't know they came in a tubo... looks like a dessert!!!:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:33 PM 09-08-2011
Looks like a small piece of turd that they were able to cram into a tube.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:52 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Looks like a small piece of turd that they were able to cram into a tube.
Don't hold back now Huy! Tell us how you really feel!

:-)
[Reply]
Up