Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humi in side a vino?
Kneo 08:20 PM 09-07-2011
I have a vino that I keep at about 70 rh. I also have a old 100 count humi that I don't really use. Would it be safe for me to store cigars in the humi and then place the humi inside the vino?

I want to get some cash saved and order some vino drawers, buy I thought this might help also.

My goal is to get a few bags of beads from Shilala some drawers from Golfnut, just working on the funds.

So in the mean time I am looking at other ways.
[Reply]
larryinlc 08:26 PM 09-07-2011
This is how I've always done it. But, I humidify the humidors as well as the vino. Having cigars inside the humidors, there's no fluctuation of temp or humidity when the vino cycles. Maybe overkill, but heck, I've always been a little obsessive.

Larry
[Reply]
Drez 08:33 PM 09-07-2011
If the humidor has a humidity source inside then you'll be fine.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:29 AM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
If the humidor has a humidity source inside then you'll be fine.
:-)

If it doesn't, make sure to prop it open somehow. Even that isn't ideal, but you gotta do what you gotta do :-) It will not harm the humi to be stored in a bigger humi/wineador/cooler
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:10 AM 09-08-2011
I have a couple in mine!

No problems at all!

Humidifying inside the humi, inside the vino... doesn't really make sense to me? If the humi is the same temp and humidity as the inside of the vino then there shouldn't be an issue.
:-) If the humi you put in was unconditioned then, yeah, I would see there being an issue.
[Reply]
Kneo 10:19 AM 09-08-2011
Sweet. Thanks guys!
[Reply]
eber 10:40 AM 09-08-2011
yeah i finally wised up and put my desktop inside my vino, seeing that I had the space and rest of the room gets pretty warm during the day. I dont know why I didnt think of doing it earlier.
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:27 AM 09-08-2011
I heard Tom has a walk-in inside a walk-in.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:44 AM 09-10-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I heard Tom has a walk-in inside a walk-in.
He doesn't like to talk about that!!!:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:09 AM 09-10-2011
Make sure you season your "old" humidor before putting it into your wineador.
[Reply]
Up