Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana Airbender maduro
Don Fernando 01:33 PM 09-07-2011
The La Flor Dominicana airbender, named after the comic that Litto Gomez loves so much, was an instant hit as soon as it was released and now La Flor Dominicana released the La Flor Dominicana Airbender maduro. The blend is the same as the Airbender blend but now with a Brazilian maduro wrapper instead of the habano wrapper that is used for the normal Airbender line. The cigar only comes in one size, a 6½x54 toro. The cigar is also picked to be the cigar that comes with the Casa de Tobacco that La Flor Dominicana released at the IPCPR.

The wrapper is nice and dark, although a bit light for maduro, with some veins and spots. I like the band, which is clearly a La Flor Dominicana band but with a different color. The construction feels good although the cigar looks a bit crooked. I smell a mild sweet wood aroma. The predraw is a bit easy and I taste a mild musty tobacco flavor.

I taste a bitter earthy flavor with coffee and after a few puffs I also taste spicy wood and soon some sweetness too. After half an inch I taste sweet herbs and wood. After an inch the sweetness disappears and I taste herbs and wood. After a third I taste wood, herbs and a little bit of cacao. Slowly I start to taste more chocolate.

Somewhere between halfway and two thirds I taste nuts, herbs and wood. The aftertaste is peppery and the feeling in my mouth is quite dry. Soon after I taste hay with wood, herbs and a mild acidic flavor.

This cigar lasted me for two hours and fifteen minutes. The draw was a bit loose but I got a lot of smoke. The light colored ash is compact and firm and the burn is great. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, loved it, but I would have been better if it was an inch shorter.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:36 PM 09-07-2011
Nice review Ferdie. Glad I have three of these coming. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:38 PM 09-07-2011
Sweet review!:-)

I'll have to try the maduro!!!
:-)
[Reply]
racerX 08:21 PM 09-09-2011
I want one of the nifty curing barns you get with a box:-)
Attached: lfd[1].jpg (68.5 KB) 
[Reply]
bwhite220 08:26 PM 09-09-2011
I smoked one of these tonight would have to agree with everything you said. Great stick!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:59 AM 09-10-2011
Originally Posted by racerX:
Me too
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 01:42 AM 09-10-2011
Thanks for the great review, I love these...
[Reply]
irratebass 07:18 AM 09-10-2011
Sounds awesome...will keep my eyes open. John that barn is kick @ss
[Reply]
gbum 08:16 AM 09-10-2011
Originally Posted by racerX:
cute barn :-)
[Reply]
Up