Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro no.5
Don Fernando 01:33 PM 09-07-2011
Yesterday I reviewed the La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro No.2, a new cigar by Litto Gomez, made from Dominican and Nicaraguan filler, a Dominican Sumatra binder and a Ligero Sumatra wrapper from Ecuador. Today I decided to smoke and review the No.5 from the same line. While the No.2 is the smallest and thinnest cigar from the series, the No.5 is the longest and thickest with a length of 5¾ and a ringgauge of 60.

The cigar looks good with a thick and robust looking, raw and oily wrapper which has a few veins. The band is simple. The construction feels firm and I can hardly smell anything from the cigar. The predraw is fine, I taste tobacco and much to my surprise some vanilla.

I taste a bit acidic earthy flavors with some wood and soon a bitter spice on my tongue. After half an inch I taste wood with earth, quite spicy and with a lemon like acidity. An inch later I taste wood with a mild sweetness, herbs and some lemon

Halfway I taste some bitter herbs and a bit of wood. I also taste a mild sour flavor and a mild sweetness. After two thirds I taste more sweetness with herbs. The bitterness is gone. There is some citrus in the aftertaste.

This cigar lasted me for two hours and ten minutes. The draw is great, just like the burn. The smoke is a bit thin. The light colored ash is compact and firm. This cigar is medium bodied, medium flavored and a bit boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? No I wouldn't. The 60 ring is not my thing.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:40 PM 09-07-2011
Doesn't sound like my cup of tea!:-)

Thanks for the review!!!
:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 01:02 PM 09-08-2011
Great review as always Ferdie! I smoked the no. 4 and enjoyed it!
Don't like 60 guages too much so i declined to try it.
[Reply]
Up