Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro no.2
Don Fernando 01:32 PM 09-07-2011
The La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro is a new blend by Litto Gomez. The cigars, made with Dominican and Nicaraguan filler, a Dominican Sumatra binder and a Ligero Sumatra wrapper from Ecuador come in four different sizes. The cigars are releases twice a year in boxes of 50 cigars. I got two different sizes when I met Litto Gomez a few weeks ago. When you hear No.2 you might think this is a torpedo, but it is not. It is a 4½x48 parejo.

The wrapper is dark and coarse with a few veins. It is quite oily too and I smell a strong barnyard smell. The construction is quite hard but the predraw is fine. I taste tobacco with both a sweetness and something acidic.

I taste a mild bitter coffee flavor with some earthy tones and wood. After a quarter of an inch I taste wood with citrus. After an inch I taste wood with herbs, chocolate and a tiny bit of citrus in the aftertaste

Halfway I taste wood with a little more citrus than before, a mild sweetness and some green herbs. The aftertaste is mild spicy. After two thirds I taste less citrus and more herbs. The aftertaste is herbal

This cigar lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes. The draw was great. The smoke started out a bit thing but it got better along the way. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. The burn is fantastic. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied, but a bit boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, I liked the flavors but the cigar was a bit boring

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Up