Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon robusto
Don Fernando 12:54 PM 09-07-2011
Another review from the Carlos Torano blow out sale from The Longfiller Company and this time the 5½x52 robusto from the 1916 Cameroon series, a cigar made from Honduran and Nicaraguan filler, a Havana seed binder from Nicaragua and a Cameroon wrapper the bottom half of the cigar is packed in cedar and then the whole cigar is wrapped in cellophane.

The cigar has a shiny greenish brown wrapper and a double band. I see a few veins and the wrapper has the structure with a sand grain. I smell a combination of wet grass and leaves. The construction feels good but the predraw is a bit tight. The flavours are a bit musty.

I taste a bitter and unpleasant wood flavour, it reminds me of autumn, and it is a bit spicy. I also taste a bit of sweetness. After half an inch the flavours are less bitter, I still taste wood, autumn leaves and that sweetness though and still don’t really like what I taste.

After a thirds I taste a mild sweet wood with a hint of leather. Halfway I taste some nuts too with wood and a bit of sugar. Near the end to I taste wood with some sweetness and herbs.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw isn’t good but not bad either. The smoke is enough but it could be thicker. The pepper and salt coloured ash is firm. The burn is good too. This cigar is medium to full flavoured and medium bodied and a bit boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I like the Signature better

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7/ 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
irratebass 01:25 PM 09-07-2011
Thanks for the review :-)