Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora 1495 BME Nicaragua toro
Don Fernando 12:50 PM 09-07-2011
Recently I got my hands on two La Aurora 1495 BME Toro, one Dominicana and one Nicaragua. These toros measure 5¾x54. The series come with four different wrappers, and I have now smoked two. The blend, made from Dominican corojo and ligero, Nicaraguan and Peruvian tobacco and a Dominican corojo binder. I need to get my hands on the Brazil and Ecuador version of these cigars too, I want to try the whole series. Only the Dominicana is for sale in The Netherlands and has a 8 euro pricetag.

This cellophane wrapped cigar has a milk chocolate brown wrapper with a few thick veins and a waterspot. The wrapper looks a bit dry . I like the band. The shape of the cigar is great. I smell a mild hay smell and the construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste a herbal tobacco.

I taste a spicy and peppery flavour with fresh wood and soon some straw and hay with wood. On the background I taste a little bit of cacao. After an inch the cigar gets a bit milder. I taste leather, herbs and fresh wood. The cacao is milder too, but it’s still there. After a third the herbs are the main flavour with a hint of nutmeg.

Halfway I taste and earthy flavour with herbs, a bit of nutmeg and white pepper. After two thirds I taste earth with wood and a little bit of cacao. The herbs are milder now and moved to the aftertaste. Soon after I taste a nice but strange wood flavour with herbs.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty-five minutes. The draw is great and I got plenty of smoke. The light gray ash is a bit frayed and not firm. The burn is crooked. The cigar is full flavoured and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I prefer the BME Dominicana

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8/ 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
irratebass 01:04 PM 09-07-2011
Hmmmm, would still be interested in trying it, but looks pricey.
[Reply]
Up