Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya de Nicaragua Antano dark corojo la nivelador
Don Fernando 12:49 PM 09-07-2011
Recently four vitolas of the Joya de Nicaragua Antano dark corojo became available on the Dutch market and I got all four of them to try. The 6x52 La Nivelador is the third of the series that I smoked, I liked one and hated the other, so I wonder if this La Nivelador is any good. The cigar has a price tag of € 5,50 here.

The beautiful dark and oily wrapper with a few thin veins and the bands are fantastic. The flat head is ideal to punch. I smell a strong barnyard smell. The construction is good, the predraw is fine and I taste a strong tobacco flavour.

I taste a strong and full earthy flavour with a little bit of citrus. After an inch I taste earthy flavours with wood and some time later a little bit of sugar. After a third I taste herbs with the earthy flavours and a little bit of pepper.

After two thirds I taste that earthy flavour with some herbs and a little bit of nuts. The herbs are growing stronger.

This cigar lasted me two hours and twenty minutes. The draw is good, the smoke is good too but could be thicker. The light coloured and frayed ash is firm. The burn is ok. This cigar is full flavoured and full bodied, but my thoughts on this cigar is the same as the original Cain releases: build for power and not for flavour.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I only liked one of the three Antano dark corojo so far.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7/ 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
irratebass 01:06 PM 09-07-2011
Long smoke, would have to have the time to enjoy this one....thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up