Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya de Nicaragua Classico claro toro
Don Fernando 12:43 PM 09-07-2011
The Joya de Nicaragua Clasico claro is the mild Connecticut shade blend from the oldest cigar factory in Nicaragua. Four of these cigars are now available in The Netherlands and this 6x52 toro has a price of € 3,50 and the cigars come wrapped in cellophane.

The light coloured wrapper is so shiny it looks varnished. I see one long vein and a simple band. The construction feels good and I smell some wood and grass. The predraw is a bit loose and I taste a smooth and mild musty tobacco flavour.

I taste a musty and bitter earthy with coffee flavour. The bitterness fades away quickly and I taste a musty and spicy wood flavour with some pepper. After an inch I taste mild wood, slightly musty with a dry and spicy aftertaste. After a third the cigar gets more spicy and less musty.

After two thirds I taste wood with some herbs and a hint of nuts. After that the mustiness returns. With an inch to go the cigar reaches the turning point and I had to toss it.

The cigar lasted me for an hour and thirty-five minutes. The draw is good and I got a lot of smoke. The light gray ash is medium firm, the burn is straight. The cigar is medium flavoured and mild to medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, too mild and too Connecticut shade for my taste

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8/ 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up