Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I Have Been E-Published - Sort Of
The Poet 11:54 AM 09-03-2011
It is my habit to keep track of the Yahoo Sports site, and especially the NCAA basketball page - for reason which should be obvious to many of you. Well, this past week one of their columnists penned an article regarding a recent practice of many coaches who have begun to ban their players from posting on Twitter, due to numerous problems stemming from their abuse of the freedom of expression allowed on this social network. As I recalled that UNC's head basketball coach Roy Williams had done this at the beginning of last season, and had been roundly criticized for it, and WHO HAD NOT BEEN MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE, I questioned the author (Jason King by name) on that.

Today, when he replied to his "mailbag", he not only quoted my query, but highlighted my point by including Roy's photo, and included in both his title and the body of his response that Roy was "ahead of the curve". I don't know if any sense of pride on my part is justified, and KNOW it is not seemly, yet I still cannot refrain from feeling some of this Deadly Sin infecting me at the moment.

If you are curious, you can click:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:07 PM 09-03-2011
Very cool Thomas. :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:17 PM 09-03-2011
Right on Bro! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:46 PM 09-06-2011
This is still on the "front page", but will likely be gone tomorrow, so either take a gander now or continue to not give a honk. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 02:49 PM 09-06-2011
Very nice....congrats :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 01:35 PM 09-07-2011
Love it when a Jersey Boy does us Proud! Well Done Brother!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:47 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Love it when a Jersey Boy does us Proud! Well Done Brother!
Why, thank you, but in truth I'm a Tar Heel who's lived in NJ since 1977, so I'm not sure that really makes me a Jersey Boy or not. Were the tables turned, and had I moved South from Jersey a mere 34 years ago, I KNOW I'd still be a Yankee. :-)
[Reply]
Up