Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar wrappers
LazyO 05:54 PM 08-30-2011
Hey guys, been a few years since I've smoked a Tatuaje brown label. Read they changed the wrapper to Ecuador Habano. Anyone notice any major differences in the quality of the cigar? While we're on the subject, anyone know which type or wrapper the Illusione cigars use? Have they changed as well? Thanks guys, great site :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:02 PM 08-30-2011
From what I found online Illusione has a "Nicaraguan Rosado", "Café Colorado", "Nicaraguan Corojo" or a "Nicaraguan Rosado Oscuro Corojo"... which seems like a mouthful.

Illusione has the same wrapper leaves for most of their blends, except for the ECCJ line with is different from the normal line. I'm guessing the maduro line that was just released uses a different leaf, but I'm not sure on that.
[Reply]
LazyO 06:58 PM 08-30-2011
Thanks for the info. I read about the cafe colorado and rosado but really wanted to know if they still use corojo. You answered my question.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:16 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by LazyO:
Hey guys, been a few years since I've smoked a Tatuaje brown label. Read they changed the wrapper to Ecuador Habano. Anyone notice any major differences in the quality of the cigar? While we're on the subject, anyone know which type or wrapper the Illusione cigars use? Have they changed as well? Thanks guys, great site :-)
Ask KidRock...he used to smoke Tats exclusively until they changed the wrappers and he spoke with PJ. No longer does he smoke these. :-)
[Reply]
LazyO 08:56 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Ask KidRock...he used to smoke Tats exclusively until they changed the wrappers and he spoke with PJ. No longer does he smoke these. :-)

I'll be sure to drop him a pm. Thank you.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:27 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Really? That seems to highlight something sigularly unique about them. I haven't had enough of any one cigar before and then after the wrapper change. It does raise the question of how much tobacco in the blend has changed besides the wrapper - or if it did at all.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Up