Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>CI's Weekly Deal...
N2 GOLD 11:30 AM 08-19-2011
We have all seen the "Weekly Deals" at CI's... I ordered last weeks deal for the La Caya Robusto for only $29.99

So, when I opened the box of 25 I saw they used what appeared to be a piece pine as a spacer. Used to fill the VOID in the 26th spot with it. I had never seen this before & now they have a slight hint(smell) of pine. The pine was removed & replaced with a nice chubby piece of cedar.

The question is,

They have the pine smell which I think will go away would this be the same for the smell???
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:48 AM 08-19-2011
The question is,
Would it be the same for the taste??? NOT the smell... :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:39 PM 08-19-2011
Were I as big a prick as some believe, I'd merely note one gets what one pays for. Caveat emptor. Yet I refrain, and aside from downgrading my opinion of CI, I'll simply express the fervent hope that these do not taste like a knot of loblolly.
[Reply]
Bax 12:49 PM 08-19-2011
How do they taste? If it has affected the taste at all I can't imagine that they'd just lose that aspect.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:53 PM 08-19-2011
I think that's just the X-mas infusion you received!:-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:54 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I think that's just the X-mas infusion you received!:-)
That was the first thing that came to mind...
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:57 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
How do they taste? If it has affected the taste at all I can't imagine that they'd just lose that aspect.
I have not smoked one up yet. They still need two more weeks in the humi... For $30 bucks thats my I took the chance as a yard or daily cigar... I'll let you know how they are... :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:57 PM 08-19-2011
They are extremely limited....

.....limited to boxes spaced with pine.

I hope it works out, would be a shame if they ruined all those sticks!
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:03 PM 08-19-2011
I think the one riding shotgun to the lighter knot would be the most affected. Mark it. If it's not so bad in a few weeks, you should be fine.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:00 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I think the one riding shotgun to the lighter knot would be the most affected. Mark it. If it's not so bad in a few weeks, you should be fine.
Well it had one to the siad & one on top... I'll give them a few weeks... :-)
[Reply]
Up