Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Quick question
Jon11 12:38 PM 08-16-2011
Is it O.K to put the free Erin Go Bragh cigarillos that is being offered by CI with a $99 purchase in my humidor, or are they infused with some sort of flavor? The natural ones of course not the Irish Creme. The description states that each leaf is gently infused with Irish Whiskey, so I guess they do have a flavor. I just dont want to infuse my unflavored cigars in my humidor.
[Reply]
gbum 12:41 PM 08-16-2011
if me,i put it another humidor/container.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 12:42 PM 08-16-2011
Take a whiff of the cigars. If you can smell the whisky, there's a good chance the aroma will attach itself to your other cigars.

MCS
[Reply]
Jon11 12:44 PM 08-16-2011
I don't have another humidor, what is the best way to keep them fresh without buying another humidor? And how long will they last, b/c I really dont smoke flavored cigars too often.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:45 PM 08-16-2011
It is an infused cigar and if you are going to be storing them for any amount of time you should prolly seperate them.
Or at least put them in a sealable baggie IMO. I know a guy who keeps them on a seperate shelf in the same humidor and has not experienced any detectable cross flavor. I wouldn't risk it personally.
[Reply]
gbum 12:47 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Jon11:
I don't have another humidor, what is the best way to keep them fresh without buying another humidor? And how long will they last, b/c I really dont smoke flavored cigars too often.
get a tupperware,throw it in with 1 small pack of boveda :-)
[Reply]
T.G 12:57 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Jon11:
Is it O.K to put the free Erin Go Bragh cigarillos that is being offered by CI with a $99 purchase in my humidor, or are they infused with some sort of flavor? The natural ones of course not the Irish Creme. The description states that each leaf is gently infused with Irish Whiskey, so I guess they do have a flavor. I just dont want to infuse my unflavored cigars in my humidor.
About a year ago I received a freebee of the Erin Go Bragh natural cigarillos with an order. I even smoked two or three before giving the box to bobarian for the troops. The naturals are not infused at all.

As a side note, I think the infused ones would have been more enjoyable.

If you were to get the infused, just stick them in a tupperware container.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:08 PM 08-16-2011
Reading back over the OP I am confused, where you stating that the naturals say they are infused with Irish Whiskey or were you talking about the description of the Irish Creme? I was unaware that EGB made non-infused cigars, but if it's called natural it would make sense.
[Reply]
Jon11 01:17 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Reading back over the OP I am confused, where you stating that the naturals say they are infused with Irish Whiskey or were you talking about the description of the Irish Creme? I was unaware that EGB made non-infused cigars, but if it's called natural it would make sense.
No, the description was on the cigars in general, it did not specify Irish Creme so I'm guessing it is for the natural and Irish Creme.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:42 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Take a whiff of the cigars. If you can smell the whisky, there's a good chance the aroma will attach itself to your other cigars.

MCS
I'm pretty sure the aroma of whiskey has attached itself to me.

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bobarian 08:52 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
About a year ago I received a freebee of the Erin Go Bragh natural cigarillos with an order. I even smoked two or three before giving the box to bobarian for the troops. The naturals are not infused at all.

As a side note, I think the infused ones would have been more enjoyable.

If you were to get the infused, just stick them in a tupperware container.
Just checked the box in my troops cooler. They have such a light infusion it is unlikely they will affect any of your cigars, especially if you keep them in the box. The total tobacco content of the entire box is probably less than 2 toros. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:01 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Just checked the box in my troops cooler. They have such a light infusion it is unlikely they will affect any of your cigars, especially if you keep them in the box. The total tobacco content of the entire box is probably less than 2 toros. :-)
You have a better nose than I do. I couldn't even tell.
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 07:13 AM 08-19-2011
Here's an idea, just smoke it and be done with it!
[Reply]
Bill86 07:15 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian:
Here's an idea, just smoke it and be done with it!
It's a mini box of like 50 cigarillos. Not exactly easy to get rid of quickly.

I tossed them out, they aren't good at all.

That said I'm not a fan of cigarillos, they get too hot IMO.
[Reply]
Up