Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CAO Mx2
TwiceTheJava 12:20 PM 08-16-2011
Fairly good draw, acceptable burn. The construction leaves a bit to be desired in the cap, where both of the CAO Mx2s I've smoked have become unraveled from a mere punch cut. The one I smoked in the rain was a bit bitter and burned very unevenly (I blame the rain though). The other was smooth enough, but bland (the CI description calls this full flavored - go figure). Overall it was disappointing, being a maduro in appearance only and having none of the flavor I like to find in a good maduro.

Toro (6.0" x 54)

Note: I have an incredibly unrefined palatte for cigars, and so (1) I make no attempt to describe the flavor and (2) don't put too much faith in my opinion. :-)

From CI: "CAO’s Mx2 is a long-awaited, limited production cigar that employs two flavorful wrappers. The outermost leaf is an ultra dark, super oily Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, while the inner wrapper is a fuller-flavored Brazilian Maduro. This double-wrapper combination promotes a rich, flavorful smoke that’s smooth throughout with lingering hints of spice. To mix the pot even more, the folks at CAO use a blend of select long-fillers from Nicaragua, Honduras, Peru, and the Dominican Republic to complete this complex cigar, packing it full of spicy sweet layers of flavor."
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:25 PM 08-16-2011
Thanks I was wondering about these. Have you tried the CAO VR series? I really like these cigars!
[Reply]
TwiceTheJava 12:30 PM 08-16-2011
I had a CAO 'VR' Cathedral (torpedo). I like the CAO Mx2 better.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:49 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by TwiceTheJava:
I had a CAO 'VR' Cathedral (torpedo). I like the CAO Mx2 better.
The reason I ask is because you say the Mx2 was bland, yet the "VR" is anything but bland IMO, Lots of rich mocha and coffee flavors. I have had three of these so far and all were delicious, I think one had some minor burn issues.
[Reply]
kickerb 02:07 PM 08-16-2011
hmmm, i really enjoy the MX2, I think it is far from bland :-)
[Reply]
TwiceTheJava 03:17 PM 08-16-2011
Now I wish I could remember what I was drinking at the time of the first smoke to see if that affected its taste. I have three more (I bought a 5-pack) so we'll see.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:59 AM 08-23-2011
I now have had some Mx2s land in my lap mysteriously so I will have to smoke a couple and leave my :-)

(Thanks again Dom! You Bastage!)
[Reply]
Up