Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What influences your purchase of a new stick?
Your own history with the manufacturer past blends 24 32.88%
trusted forum-user reviews 33 45.21%
Blogger reviews 3 4.11%
Local Sales Reps 0 0%
B&M Owners 4 5.48%
Value/Cost of the stick 4 5.48%
Its limited availablity 2 2.74%
Advertising/Manufacturer Hype 3 4.11%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What influences your purchase of a new stick? (poll)
dvickery 03:42 PM 08-16-2011
couldnt vote as by biggest reason for buying a cigar i have never tried is...

ring...the closer to 42rg the better chance i will buy a new cigar.

length...the closer to 5 1/8 inch the better chance i will buy a new cigar.

reviews...pffft...you may love churchills/pyramids/robustos but i dont...i trust my own intuition.

derrek :-)
[Reply]
Cenookie 03:53 PM 08-16-2011
I tend to base my decisions on fellow BOTL reviews as they have nothing to gain by saying whether a certain stick is worth trying. I never go by ads or sales reps.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:07 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
I wish I could pick more than one. Forum reviews and history with the brand are my top two, but sometimes I just trust a random recommendation. I hate the Cain line, but decided to try the Daytona on a B&M recommendation. And I thought it was a very good cigar.
Agreed. We need multiple options for this poll.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:13 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
I went with best value/price of the stick.

:-)

With my budget, or lack of same, this perforce is my primary concern.
[Reply]
DaBear 05:28 PM 08-16-2011
I selected prior history, but really thats only a deciding factor if the cigar is borderline worth it. Generally if it looks/smells good I'll try it. I tend to be rather adventurous though
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 05:35 PM 08-16-2011
I'm with 76GTFAN I wish I could pick more than 1. 1st my history with the marca 2nd Limited availability all was makes me want to try 1. 3rd a good forum review.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:09 PM 08-16-2011
I wish, as well, I could pick more than one.

I look at the reviews from the site it self. I read up on forums.. I try to see if I have had any from them before and also what kind of deal am I getting.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 06:46 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I selected "trusted forum-user reviews" but it's not so much the reviews I read online, but rather discussions of new cigars among the guys I herf with or interact with online. They may not be reviews in the truest sense of the word, but I can relate to their experiences better as I have a feel for how their palettes may (or may not) be similar to mine.
Couldn't have said it better.
[Reply]
shilala 07:08 PM 08-16-2011
I think what first gets my interest is brand loyalty, then I'll ask my buds and see if anyone gave the latest and greatest whatever a shot.
Lots of times I'll cut right to the chase and ask a particular brother
what they think about the cigar I'm considering, because I know so much about what he likes that I know he'll be thinking the same way I would.
That's one of the best parts of sharing cigars with so many brothers. I know I've said this to Todd (revsmoke) before. It makes lots of sense for me to introduce others to things I like so that I can ultimately know what they like, and I can go back and use their brain when mine hasn't been somewhere yet. Plus I can't possibly smoke everything I want, and when he tells me what he thinks, I just plain understand.
So it's BOTL recommendation, but more like specific BOTL recommendation, and when I look for that recommendation, it's with laser-guided precision.
[Reply]
fritz43096 08:32 PM 08-16-2011
I read the reviews here and other places as well. I really enjoy seeing reviews from different people on the same cigar. I watch for reviews on cigars I have smoked and hope for a review from the same person on something I haven't smoked.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up