Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>well crap ver. Check your wine coolers for moisture
loki 09:27 AM 08-16-2011
In an effort to save my main smoking humidor from 80* temps I had to move some boxes out of my vino and into a secondary wine cooler, long story short going from 7* to 60* caused condensation and the soaking of the box I had 11 2008 Shorts in. these cigars are soaked and I mean soaked, I've got them in quarantine right now...an old 25 count humidor that I haven't touched in years which i'm sure is dryer then the desert...and hopefully these can be saved.

I've now put everything back into the vino except for the cigars in question which are resting in the ICU. This is not how i wanted to start my day.:-)
[Reply]
chand 09:31 AM 08-16-2011
Ugh! That's a real shame.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:37 AM 08-16-2011
Damn that sucks. Hope they are salvageable.
[Reply]
shilala 09:43 AM 08-16-2011
Usually that happens from the box getting against the drippy back wall. I can remember someone fighting his RH and found a box of Anejos half full of water. It made me cry.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:43 AM 08-16-2011
Every month or so I try to check the walls of my vino and anything that is touching them just because I've heard the horror stories. Sorry to hear about your troubles though and hope that you can salvage the sticks!
[Reply]
Up