Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Djarum Cigarettes
bigswol2 08:41 PM 08-15-2011
I think these were pulled a while back. I was wondering if anyone knew where or how to get these cigarettes. I have a friend looking for some.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 PM 08-15-2011
http://www.google.com/search?q=Djaru...hop&hl=en&aq=f
[Reply]
WittyUserName 05:55 AM 08-16-2011
Cloves make my tummy hurt
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:01 AM 08-16-2011
My wife buys them locally, can't remember where exactly.
They changed something about them though.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:07 AM 08-16-2011
I think they changed them to cloves. I could be wrong though but I think many CVS' carry them.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:26 AM 08-16-2011
Only the flavored ones were outlawed.
[Reply]
T.G 07:46 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Only the flavored ones were outlawed.
All flavored cigarettes except menthol were banned. This included clove.

Originally Posted by neoflex:
I think they changed them to cloves. I could be wrong though but I think many CVS' carry them.
I never smoked clove cigarettes, but I had some friends who did, and I seem to recall these always being clove, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, clove cigarettes were banned 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
They changed something about them though.
When I saw them in his shop, I asked Mark (Norcal_Mark) about how he could still be selling them so long after the ban, and his response was that they changed a few things a little bit to get around the law, the big one being that they went from a paper wrapper to a tobacco wrapper, which caused them to now be defined as small cigars rather than as cigarettes.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:27 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
When I saw them in his shop, I asked Mark (Norcal_Mark) about how he could still be selling them so long after the ban, and his response was that they changed a few things a little bit to get around the law, the big one being that they went from a paper wrapper to a tobacco wrapper, which caused them to now be defined as small cigars rather than as cigarettes.
This is correct. The whole line is still available, including cherry and vanilla but with the homogenized tobacco wrapper. They also now come in packs of 12 instead of 20 and the price went up.

Kretek will not import the original cigarettes under any circumstances.
[Reply]
Up