Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlos Torano signature robusto
Don Fernando 11:52 AM 07-28-2011
The distributer for Carlos Torano in The Netherlands is having a blowout sale of his inventory and he’s selling several lines for just 75 euro a box, including the Carlos Torano Signature robusto, a 5x52 cigar made with Dominican Cubano ligero, Nicaraguan Habano ligero and a sun grown Brazilian broadleaf maduro wrapper.

The wrapper is dark with a long thin vein. I like the sand colored bands which fit the dark and oily wrapper well. I smell a barnyard with some chocolate. The construction feels good but the predraw is a bit tough and I taste musty chocolate.

I taste full earthy flavour and after half an inch I also get a hint of chocolate. After an inch I taste leather with and earthy flavour, that sounds Cuban but it tastes different. After a third I mainly taste earth with a little bit of leather as support.

Halfway I taste that earthy flavour, quite full, with leather and some chocolate. The flavours are quite sticky. After two thirds I taste more chocolate with some leather.

This cigar lasted me for eighty-five minutes. The draw is tight and the smoke is quite thin. The white ash is firm. This medium bodied and medium flavoured cigar has a little bit of a crooked burn.

Would I buy this cigar again? I’m going to order a box

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:53 AM 07-28-2011
I really enjoyed the one I have had.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:16 PM 07-28-2011
One of my long-time favorites. I still have a box and a half hiding somewhere with probably 4 years aging. Always forget about them until i start some re-arranging. Then, I pull 2 or 3 out for the humidors to smoke in a couple of weeks! This review kinda makes me want to go cooler-diving to find a few! Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:22 PM 07-28-2011
I really dig these. :-) :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:39 AM 08-07-2011
I really likey these!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 10:32 AM 08-07-2011
Nice review as usual....thanks
[Reply]
taltos 11:51 AM 08-07-2011
Definately worth a box purchase. Nice review as usual nephew.:-)
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 08:38 PM 08-07-2011
Great review Don, that is one hell of an ash!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:55 AM 08-08-2011
Thanks for the review... :-)

Carlos Torano is always a good choice...
[Reply]
Up