Is that "strain" or "stain?"
[Reply]
T.G 08:36 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Is that "strain" or "stain?"
Ohhhhhh... that's gonna leave a mark.
[Reply]
taltos 10:27 AM 07-21-2011
Folks, we have enough problems here in Mass. where the powers that be want to eliminate all tobacco products that I wonder if it is wise to slam one product while supporting another. For the record, I have not smoked a cigarette since I was 18 and I am now 59. It just seems that we need to unite to protect ourselves. Just my :-).
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:04 AM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Folks, we have enough problems here in Mass. where the powers that be want to eliminate all tobacco products that I wonder if it is wise to slam one product while supporting another. For the record, I have not smoked a cigarette since I was 18 and I am now 59. It just seems that we need to unite to protect ourselves. Just my :-).
You're right, Paul. Those who would ban all tobacco will have a much easier time of it if they pit us against each other. They sure as hell don't need our help doing it.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:07 AM 07-21-2011
I wasn't bashing tobacco, I was bashing BIG tobacco. It's because of them, solely, that we are in the predicament we are in these days.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:48 AM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I wasn't bashing tobacco, I was bashing BIG tobacco. It's because of them, solely, that we are in the predicament we are in these days.
I don't believe that. We are in this predicament because the various governments have found that they can generate heinous tax revenue with no negative (for them) consequences when they demonize a product. None of it has ever been about health, it has always been about tax revenue, pork barrel politics and re-election. The busy-bodies and the do-gooders will never see a distinction between the different tobacco products because there's no money, or petty political power in that. Anti-tobacco organizations, like all organizations, are organic systems and will behave like any other organism. They must follow the biological imperative of survive, grow and multiply. They will never see an end to their "mission", because that would spell their "death". As Ben Franklin once said: "Gentlemen, we must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately".
[Reply]
hotreds 11:56 AM 07-21-2011
Hear, hear! Actually, I didn't mean to start a massive discussion when I posted the "vs" ramblings; it seemed like a good overview of the difference between the two- especially since many if not most people lump all tobacco together-- all the way to "third hand" smoke nowadays! Nonetheless, bottom line is "nanny" govt that "knows best" for all of us from tobacco to Happy Meals. I love my country, I fear my government!
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:01 PM 07-21-2011
Hear, hear! Actually, I didn't mean to start a massive discussion when I posted the "vs" ramblings; it seemed like a good overview of the difference between the two- especially since many if not most people lump all tobacco together-- all the way to "third hand" smoke nowadays! Nonetheless, bottom line is "nanny" govt that "knows best" for all of us from tobacco to Happy Meals. I love my country, I fear my government!
Or... as Thomas Paine wrote in Common Sense:
"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one: for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries BY A GOVERNMENT, which we might expect in a country WITHOUT GOVERNMENT, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer."
[Reply]
hotreds 12:30 PM 07-21-2011
"Government is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

"bind them down with the chains of a Constitution.” - Thomas Jefferson
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:40 PM 07-21-2011
"Government is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

"bind them down with the chains of a Constitution.” - Thomas Jefferson
A couple of good ones! :-)
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 01:30 AM 08-08-2011
I've smoked cigarettes a half-dozen times over the course of my life; but I always quit, liking these smokes but not their effects on my body. Although I can't smoke a cigar or pipe on demand, like a cigarette, it's worth the wait.

And I don't get chest pains.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up