Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Rocky Patel Edge Maduro
Flounder 08:57 AM 07-06-2011
Amazing, not quite as good the Fifteenth Anniversary, but good none-the-less.

For the first time I was able to pick out the peppery taste of the maduro wrapper. It was quite prevalent, but not over powering, I don't think I could smoke a cigar if it was too peppery.

It was dense and rolled very tightly, giving it a long burn. And it burned relatively evenly, however, I let it go out when we went to dinner and re-lit it when I got back, and from that point had to make a number of small adjustments.

I enjoyed this cigar, and although it wasn't quite one of my favorites, I will definitely buy some to have on hand in the future, and I recommend them to you maduro guys out there, to at least give it a try.

Over all, I don't know how I feel about maduros in general. I like the smooth taste, and the pepper-like aspects of the maduro seem to detract from that. But at the same time, I enjoy the fullness of them. All depends on my mood I guess.

I have Edge Corojo that I will be jumping into either today or tomorrow. Excited to try that.
[Reply]
fastcarfreak 07:36 PM 07-06-2011
I'm not quite fond of maduro wrappers. I think I still have my pallet to develop. That being said, the Edge Corojo is bar none my favorite cigar as of yet. Granted, I have only been smoking for a couple of years now, and many people say that newer cigar smokers don't really have enough cigars under their belt to really know what their favorite is. I know what I like, and The Edge Corojo is it. Glad you enjoyed your smoke! Enjoy the Corojo!!!
[Reply]
Ogre 07:55 PM 07-06-2011
I like them. Have some resting for future consumption.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:09 PM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by fastcarfreak:
I'm not quite fond of maduro wrappers. I think I still have my pallet to develop. That being said, the Edge Corojo is bar none my favorite cigar as of yet. Granted, I have only been smoking for a couple of years now, and many people say that newer cigar smokers don't really have enough cigars under their belt to really know what their favorite is. I know what I like, and The Edge Corojo is it. Glad you enjoyed your smoke! Enjoy the Corojo!!!
Some people just dont like a maduro wrapper. Its all personal preference. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Im a big maduro lover as I love a good earthy smooth cigar and maduros tend to be just that. I still appreciate the nice spicier smokes out there, but I'll take a good earthy stick any day.

Try and rest a few corojos for a year or more. Takes it from a solid good stick to amazing.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:46 PM 07-06-2011
Give me maduro's or give me death!
[Reply]
Flounder 10:04 PM 07-06-2011
I found the Corojo to be "ehhh" at best. The taste the stick left on my lips was not good. It seemed real peppery down the first 3rd, almost unbearably so. It chilled out a bit down the 2nd and final 3rd, but nothing amazing. I probably wouldn't buy any more. Maybe when I get my cooleridor up, I'll rest one or so.
[Reply]
fastcarfreak 02:29 PM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I found the Corojo to be "ehhh" at best. The taste the stick left on my lips was not good. It seemed real peppery down the first 3rd, almost unbearably so. It chilled out a bit down the 2nd and final 3rd, but nothing amazing. I probably wouldn't buy any more. Maybe when I get my cooleridor up, I'll rest one or so.
hmm. I found the stick to completely lack that peppery taste. I'm not a fan of the spicy flavor of some wrappers.

P.S. I'm only about 90 minutes east of you here in Syracuse... thought that was interesting.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:38 PM 07-07-2011
hmm. I found the stick to completely lack that peppery taste. I'm not a fan of the spicy flavor of some wrappers.

P.S. I'm only about 90 minutes east of you here in Syracuse... thought that was interesting.
Ha. Welcome to the Asylum. Go make an intro thread in the New Members forum. Also, you'll have to swing out sometime, there's a bunch of guys from Rochester that get together to smoke pretty much every weekend, I've only had time to tag along once though...
[Reply]
JohnRogers 09:00 PM 12-03-2012
Enjoyed one again last night it has been almost six months. I'm reminded why this is my "go to" cigar. I'm not getting the "peppery taste" mentioned here.
[Reply]
Up