Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Vinotemp 28 problems- please help!
timatraw 09:09 AM 06-29-2011
I have two full vinotemp 28's with chasidor drawers and heartfelt beads. I have them plugged in and in my basement which is always under 72 degrees.
The digital readout on both says 50 degrees. When I increase the temp to 66- nothing ever changes- the number is fixed on both at 50. I have unplugged them to reset but nothing happens. Anybody know what this means?
What is the problem? Does this affect the cigars in any way?
Do I even have to have the units plugged in?
Thanks for any input.
Tim
[Reply]
cricky101 09:35 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by timatraw:
I have two full vinotemp 28's with chasidor drawers and heartfelt beads. I have them plugged in and in my basement which is always under 72 degrees.
The digital readout on both says 50 degrees. When I increase the temp to 66- nothing ever changes- the number is fixed on both at 50. I have unplugged them to reset but nothing happens. Anybody know what this means?
What is the problem? Does this affect the cigars in any way?
Do I even have to have the units plugged in?
Thanks for any input.
Tim
My basement stays pretty cool, so I don't have mine plugged in.
[Reply]
aich75013 09:42 AM 06-29-2011
Have you tried putting a thermometer in there?
Maybe it's just the display. Did they both start doing this at the same time?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
thebayratt 01:43 PM 06-29-2011
I'd buy two hygros with tempurature readouts and unplug them. If its under 72* in the basement... I wouldn't worry about it.
[Reply]
76GTFan 02:04 PM 06-29-2011
Charge them beads! JK. But I can relate. Mine took a week or so to get regulated. Even after seasoning the drawers. Vinos aren't (IMO) as set and forget as a cooler is. I enjoy the setup more, but there is a learning curve so to speak with keeping the RH where you want it. Especially if it is plugged in.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 02:35 PM 06-29-2011
I would throw a another temp meter in there to make sure they are accurate, and if so then I would unplug them. Wine coolers are best used if the temp reaches above 75 imo. I have one that does not cool and temps reach in the 77-79 mark and the stogies seem to do fine.
[Reply]
Up