Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Biking
PCR 10:40 AM 06-22-2012
Anyone else have experience with Surly's?[/quote]

Surly's are really nice bikes. Try before you buy, i.e. make sure the frame fits you. They're long for my short torso. I commute on a Gunnar Sport about 15 miles (one way) to work and the fit is like a tailor made suit!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:40 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by gnbikes:
Here are 2 of my custom steel bikes:
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~lksbks/index.html
G-
A Greg LeMond throw back! Very nice.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 11:08 AM 06-22-2012
I just have a WalMart special. Was iding for weight loss, but honestly we've been havin 20-30 mph winds daily, so I've gotten away from it. Starting back up, and I'll probably start off again with a 3 mile ride on my days off.
[Reply]
gnbikes 11:30 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
A Greg LeMond throw back! Very nice.
I spent a very cool day w/ Roland when we designed that frame. Italian sandwhiches for lunch...he even let me paw through has piles of "stuff", he even had the NOS Super Record headset that went on that bike.
G-
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:45 AM 06-22-2012
I spent a very cool day w/ Roland when we designed that frame. Italian sandwhiches for lunch...he even let me paw through has piles of "stuff", he even had the NOS Super Record headset that went on that bike.
G-
What year was that frame made? Super Record looks like it would've been norm for when that frame was current. I have had a few steel frames in my day... Was a USCF Intermediate back in 1982....
[Reply]
gnbikes 12:32 PM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What year was that frame made? Super Record looks like it would've been norm for when that frame was current. I have had a few steel frames in my day... Was a USCF Intermediate back in 1982....
It was built in 2002 useing SLX main tubes, SP chainstays and modern True temper seat stays. It was basically a "classic" Itailian bike with a few nods towards nods that I wanted(flat crown fork, double taper seat stays, heavier duty chainstays). The Masi lugs where a must....Obviously a mix of Classic Campag parts, some of which were NOS when the bike was built. I'll be honest, this bike was a lust bike, not a ride everyday bike. The Stevenson is more a ride everyday bike...especialy here in the great north-wet...

Sweet that you did so well back in 82', everything was a mess back then what with the Olympic's and blood dopeing....
G-
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:09 PM 06-22-2012
Sweet that you did so well back in 82', everything was a mess back then what with the Olympic's and blood dopeing....
G-
Can't say I did so well, but at least I tried and was into it. I did not realize Masi made their own lugs. I assume Masi of CA... I thought Cinelli had pretty much dominated the lug market. There's only a handful of companies really doing well in lugged-brazed frames. For me, it's hard to imagine not using a carbon fork.

I've considered getting another steel frame. There are some new tube sets, epecially the stainless steel one that looks to be pretty cool. I am riding on aluminum and like it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up