Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Thanks to Don Fernando
SvilleKid 12:39 PM 06-24-2011
Don...

Thanks for all the recent reviews! Several there I've been thinking about! You have either been a smoking fool over the last day or two, or you are keeping good notes! On a separate note.... Did you ever get your cigars from your USA trip released from your custom officials? (really enjoyed the herf in Ft. Lauderdale with you!)

Keep up the good work with the reviews, and keep on smoking.
[Reply]
Remo 12:44 PM 06-24-2011
+1, Thank you very much for your fine reviews, very helpful :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 12:54 PM 06-24-2011
Ferdi does do a great job with his reviews. I have purchased a number of cigars because of them. Thanks brother!!
[Reply]
kickerb 01:12 PM 06-24-2011
ditto!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:27 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Don...

Thanks for all the recent reviews! Several there I've been thinking about! You have either been a smoking fool over the last day or two, or you are keeping good notes! On a separate note.... Did you ever get your cigars from your USA trip released from your custom officials? (really enjoyed the herf in Ft. Lauderdale with you!)

Keep up the good work with the reviews, and keep on smoking.
I kept notes, all reviews had been posted on my blog the last couple of weeks but I couldn't find the time to copy/paste them here.

Those cigars (including a Tat Face, some Tat SODO's and a unreleased Berger & Argenti quad maduro lancero) were destroyed by customs :-) but I think i'm off the hook now, as I recieved 2 packages last week.

I enjoyed that herf too, just like the fantastic Cuban food afterwards. Counting down for my next trip, november again.
[Reply]
baddevildog82 01:44 PM 06-24-2011
I agree with the OP. Great reviews!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:13 PM 06-24-2011
SUPER reviews, Thanks... :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 02:44 PM 06-24-2011
Ferdi, thanks for all the great reviews. Can't wait for your next visit, hope we can get together again.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:24 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by STEVE S:
Ferdi, thanks for all the great reviews. Can't wait for your next visit, hope we can get together again.
just plan a herf the first weekend of november Steve, and I'll be there.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 04:07 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Those cigars (including a Tat Face, some Tat SODO's and a unreleased Berger & Argenti quad maduro lancero) were destroyed by customs :-) but I think i'm off the hook now, as I recieved 2 packages last week.
Sorry if you have gone over this before, but why were they seized by customs? Not paying the taxes on them or something? That sucks man.
[Reply]
EricF 04:15 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
just plan a herf the first weekend of november Steve, and I'll be there.
Sounds like a pre-Epic Herf to me!!!!
[Reply]
jesseboston81 04:23 PM 06-24-2011
Thanks for the great reviews, I've enjoyed reading them all!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:34 PM 06-24-2011
Enjoy reading Ferdie's reviews. Always a great read. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:34 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
Sorry if you have gone over this before, but why were they seized by customs? Not paying the taxes on them or something? That sucks man.
It's illigal to import cigars to the Netherlands unless you bring them in personally (50 cigars maximum) or have a tobacco import licence.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:09 PM 06-24-2011
so... how much is it for an import license? :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:09 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
:-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:35 AM 06-25-2011
ferdie's reviews are simply the best on CA.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:03 AM 06-26-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
more than you and I make in a year.
[Reply]
Up