Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Brick house robusto
Don Fernando 01:42 AM 06-24-2011
Newman's latest big release, the Brick House, is a huge sales hit but I wasn't impressed by the Churchill that I smoked. As I don't write off brands or blends by just one cigar, I decided to give this 5x54 robusto a try. The cigar is made from Nicaraguan binder and filler with a Habano subido wrapper.

The Habano subido wrapper is quite dark but dull and has lots of veins. The band is nice and the cigar has a wood smell. The construction is a bit hard. The predraw is fine and I taste tobacco.

I taste coffee and an earthy flavor, which turns into burned earth quite soon. After an inch I taste a musty wood with a tiny bit of chocolate.

Halfway the musty flavor disappears, but I still taste the wood and the tiny bit of chocolate. Near the end, after about three quarters, I also taste some dry nuts.

This cigar lasted me an hour and a half. The draw was good, just like the burn. I got a decent amount of medium thick smoke. The as is white and firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, don't think so

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:09 AM 06-24-2011
Thanks for the review, Ferdie! I'm sorry you didn't like it, 'cause I love these.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:24 AM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Thanks for the review, Ferdie! I'm sorry you didn't like it, 'cause I love these.
:-)
If I could only smoke one cigar the rest of my life it would be the Brickhouse robusto. My favorite cigar. And it helps that they are around $5!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:43 AM 06-24-2011
Thanks for the review...
[Reply]
kickerb 01:13 PM 06-24-2011
cannot wait to try the BH Torpedo that is coming out!! :-)
[Reply]
baddevildog82 01:51 PM 06-24-2011
I have smoked a few of these and I think you are dead on with your review. I just don't find it interesting enough to buy an more of.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:43 PM 06-24-2011
These are tasty...thanks for sharing Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
Up