Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Dominican cigars
N2 GOLD 06:15 PM 06-23-2011
I have a buddy of mine that is going to the D/R next week for a weeding. He has offered to bring back cigars for me & was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for stuff one can only get on the island. I dont want to ask him CC's or Dominican cigars I can get here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:41 AM 06-24-2011
No one??? :-)

I'm sure someone here can HELP... :-)
[Reply]
fissure 11:44 AM 06-24-2011
Tons of fake CC's and some fake NC's. Only cigars I bought while in Punta Cana were from a small roller down there. Don Lucas cigars which has a store/factory just outside PC. I came home with the black labeled ones.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:46 AM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by fissure:
Tons of fake CC's and some fake NC's. Only cigars I bought while in Punta Cana were from a small roller down there. Don Lucas cigars which has a store/factory just outside PC. I came home with the black labeled ones.
Thank you, How were those black lables??? :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:07 PM 06-24-2011
Lots of custom rollers there. Most everything an open market seller has is fake. Next time I go I will bring my own.
[Reply]
fissure 01:50 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Thank you, How were those black lables??? :-)
Not bad. Bought a bundle of 25. Smoked a few fresh, and have been having one once and a while now (2 years later) Not very complex, but well rolled.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 03:52 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by fissure:
Not bad. Bought a bundle of 25. Smoked a few fresh, and have been having one once and a while now (2 years later) Not very complex, but well rolled.
Thanks Steve, I'll give the Don Lucas a shot... :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:55 PM 06-24-2011
most brands make cigars in a special tax zone, cigars have to be imported back to the DR which makes them more expensive there than on the US market.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:05 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
most brands make cigars in a special tax zone, cigars have to be imported back to the DR which makes them more expensive there than on the US market.
Thanks for the info... :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:32 PM 06-24-2011
Carla? I couldn't help myself on this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFEC_pD99c
[Reply]
Up