Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cheaper Cigars Debacle
alfredo_buscatti 12:18 AM 06-22-2011
Over Memorial Day weekend I ordered a box of cigars from Cheaper Cigars. That meant that they had the order in hand on Tuesday May 31st, and my checking account was debited on that same day. On Thursday June 2 I called to find out when they order would be shipped as the website says they ship in 1-3 days. I was told their shipping department was backed up and to be patient. On Friday, the third day, I called to verify that the order would be shipped that day. The customer service rep was vague. I called back on Monday June 6 and was told the order still hadn’t been shipped. I was angry but asked the rep (I was dealing with Andrea on all calls except the final call) to personally walk down to shipping and get the truth about when the order would be shipped.

She did so and reported back that the order would be shipped that day. I called back on Tuesday June 7 and the order still hadn’t been shipped. I was angrier and asked her to call on shipping personally, again. On Wednesday June 8 I called again and was told that the order had been shipped that morning. I asked for verification of shipping, the invoice customarily sent when an order is shipped. I didn’t get it and when I called on Thursday I got a different rep who told me that the cigars had never been in stock and that a credit had been issued; it was. In my mind this was the only timely, correct thing that this organization did.

Not only does their website not have inventory control, which I find not uncommon in dealing with various other sites, this organization lead me on false trail all along as they never had had the cigars in the first place! No one bothered to check that they had the cigars during a week of persistent calls!

But a week of phone calls never elicited the correct, first response, to check if they indeed had the cigars in stock. Shipping lied. And no one was overseeing the process.

Of course I will never order from them again, and I got a discount from another site equaling Cheaper Cigars sale price.

What a pathetic organization, if it can be called that; perhaps disorganization is the better word.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 08:34 AM 06-22-2011
It's a shame that they would lie to you, but that was a ton of phone calls.
[Reply]
agctribefan 08:42 AM 06-22-2011
That sucks. Glad I work with such great customer service reps here. So I don't have to read such bad stories about P&C. Yes we will have a mix up now and again but we always make things right.
[Reply]
taltos 08:39 PM 06-22-2011
You are lucky that you got someone who spoke English. I had a problem about four years ago and gave up after feeling that my call was out-sourced to a country that never heard of the English language. They do have some great prices but often stuff is not in stock and shipped in a timely manner.
[Reply]
Up