Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Gurkha Love Hate Relationships
AlohaStyle 11:51 PM 06-21-2011
Brother, I don't care if you or anyone else likes Gurkha, that's fine by me. If you don't care that they are exploiting our fine military then so be it, but I do. I find it very different than claiming to be the fastest computer.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:18 AM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by :
So what does SpecOps Team 6 celebrate with? A Gurkha Grand Reserve sent specially by Kaizad Hansotia, owner of Gurkha Cigars to his friends in the Navy.
Gurkha sends some cigars to a contact in the Navy, then just claims that Team 6 smoked them to celebrate the OBL mission....and that is OK? I would bet a dollar to donuts that nobody from Team 6 ever saw one of those cigars. :-)

Geez, Jack Daniels should send a case to the Navy and say the Team 6 all got waxed on it to celebrate as well. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 12:25 AM 06-22-2011
That's probably a good thing though Tom, such a great deed they did to be rewarded like that is a slap in the face, no?
[Reply]
lilwing88 07:05 PM 06-26-2011
Had a Gurkha Nepalese Warrior with about 3yrs of age on it. Very good smoke. So, for reference, these do well with age.....
[Reply]
Starscream 07:34 PM 06-26-2011
I haven't tried every Gurkha, but all of the one's I have tasted have had a similar "earthy" profile, or "dirt" as I call it. I've pretty much written off the entire brand.
[Reply]
Caymus 07:56 PM 06-26-2011
There are two things I don't like about Gurkha that others have mentioned: 1) They have so many labels and blends, I can't keep them straight. I'm overwhelmed. I feel like Rocky Patel is heading down this road too, though I like a lot of his labels. 2) I'm turned off by their misleading pricing structure. They claim retail prices of $20 a cigar or so, but can be found regularly and easily for $3 - 4 online.

There are some that are ok, others I've had were boring. I haven't had one that I recall that was outstandng. I'm still open to trying ones I haven't had though.
[Reply]
sheeper 06:19 AM 06-27-2011
it IS hard to keep track of the different Gurkhas. But the Beast, Titan, Ninja, Assassin, Viper, Evil and Empires are all good smokes.
and i can't say if all Navy Seals smoke 'em but the couple of Seals that i work with do.
[Reply]
baddevildog82 06:36 AM 06-27-2011
I smoked my first (A shaggy Belicoso) last week and it was an OK stick. Very mild. I have been smoking cigars for about ten years but have always stayed away from Gurkha due to friends opinions and their marketing. My first experience with them though was not a bad one and I will give a couple of others a try.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:49 AM 06-27-2011
The Ninja, Status, and Assassins were each pretty decent sticks (as long as you don't buy them at MSRP). Nothing else I've had by them has really been all that great. I just don't tend to reach for their stuff any more due to my frustrations and putting down a cigar from the same brand over and over again. I'd much rather reach for Padron, AF, Tat, RyJ, Illusione, etc etc etc.

No grudges here, I just don't parciularly like their stuff :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bishjd123 09:24 AM 06-27-2011
I've had a couple of good Gurkha's, the 1887 comes to mind. I just won't be looking for them since there are so many different versions. Give me a few core blends with some varying wrappers and sizes and call it a day.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up