Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LG -vs- Opus. And the winner is!
RevSmoke 07:03 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Thanks for the review Todd. I have found the X to be a good smoke after a couple of years on them. If they are young I have found the flavors to be a little harsh for my taste. Never noted a burn issue with them.
George, these are supposed to be the best of Fuente. They are aged 12 months (?I thought?) before they are sold, "the pinnacle of cigar perfection." This isn't a cigar that should need to be aged a couple years befor they can be smoked.

I've had young ones and I have had a couple with 3 or more years on them. And personally, it isn't the flavors that I have issue with, personally I find the flavors both gratifying and satisfying. I really enjoy the flavors I get out of an Opus.

What is disappointing is the burn issues. I do not remember an Opus that didn't have issues. I don't have a problem touching up a cigar, it sometimes needs to be done - you thought you had an even light, but it wasn't perfect - there is a healthy breeze blowing and it is causing issue - etc... What bothers me is serious run issues, and this is what happens to me when I smoke an Opus.

Here's a link to another thread where I did a review of this same cigar. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...highlight=Opus Both cigars has been purchased at the same time. One was reviewed in March of '08, the other in Nov. 2010. I don't know if you read that thread or not, but I'm going to continue trying the Opus line. I like (love) the flavors, and sooner or later one will burn beautifully for me and I'll sing it's praises.

Till then...

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:06 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Awesome Review. I'm with you where I will choose an Litto Gomez Diez over an Opus but I am a big fan of Littos stuff so I may be biased.
I would have to say this applies to me as well. I like an Opus but the Litto stuff is really my favorite.
[Reply]
Duke9192 08:45 PM 06-17-2011
Great review. I like both LG & Opus X. They're great cigars, but the Opus X needs some age on it to be a really great cigar.
[Reply]
racerX 03:30 PM 06-18-2011
I have found the recents posts so true. I am a big fan of Opus but have been pleased with the Litto LG. Seems to have the same kind of sit down/slow down flavor at a lot less $. So I have some opus saved until they are a little older and have some LG for today. If your an Opus fan and you did a search on Opus - try an LG. Unless your at Casa Fuente in Vegas and then you need to smoke that opus.:-)
[Reply]
danreeve 10:33 PM 06-18-2011
fun review. thanks for the good read.

Dan
[Reply]
longknocker 08:25 AM 06-19-2011
LG= Awesome Smoke!:-) Thanks, Rev. For Getting Me Into These, My Brother!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up