Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>i finally got one
Smoking Dragon 06:27 PM 05-28-2011
Since the great state that I live in has decided that I am not allowed to order cigars o line. I have had a hard tme getting to try a Vega 5 gold maduro. So I had the chance to stop at Cigars International headquarters and get one. I THINK THEY ARE GREAT! I find it to be a medium bodied smoke with good flavors that say the same throughout. I can't wait till I get another chance to stop b the CI store again and get a box.:-)
[Reply]
Powers 06:59 PM 05-28-2011
I've never had the maduro but the 5 Vegas gold was one of my first favorite cigars :-). Some fond memories. I bet its been about three years since I last had one
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 08:23 PM 05-28-2011
Nice John, where is CI's Hq's?
[Reply]
Drez 09:20 PM 05-28-2011
I got a couple sitting in my humi. Might fire one up this weekend.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:21 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
I've never had the maduro but the 5 Vegas gold was one of my first favorite cigars :-). Some fond memories. I bet its been about three years since I last had one
Will remember that for Epic IV. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:23 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Will remember that for Epic IV. :-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 03:44 AM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
Nice John, where is CI's Hq's?
It is in Bethlehem, PA. It was like I was a kid in a candy store. They all looked so good, the cigars that is.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:58 AM 05-29-2011
I hear they have a nice shop up there...
[Reply]
Average Joe 09:37 AM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by sergeant smoky:
Since the great state that I live in has decided that I am not allowed to order cigars o line. I have had a hard tme getting to try a Vega 5 gold maduro. So I had the chance to stop at Cigars International headquarters and get one. I THINK THEY ARE GREAT! I find it to be a medium bodied smoke with good flavors that say the same throughout. I can't wait till I get another chance to stop b the CI store again and get a box.:-)
MD has a bunch of those "illegal to ship in state or sell, but legal to possess" laws. I am honestly surprised it took them this long with tobacco. Most people get around them by shipping to a friend or family member in a border state. Not that I did that when I was stuck there...
[Reply]
Stinky 01:06 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by Average Joe:
MD has a bunch of those "illegal to ship in state or sell, but legal to possess" laws. I am honestly surprised it took them this long with tobacco. Most people get around them by shipping to a friend or family member in a border state. Not that I did that when I was stuck there...
good suggestion (above).

can you use your charge card from MD and have it shipped to the state next door? Or, does the charge card address void the transaction?
[Reply]
Average Joe 01:19 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by Stinky:
good suggestion (above).

can you use your charge card from MD and have it shipped to the state next door? Or, does the charge card address void the transaction?
Never was a problem for those who did it. Make the ship to and billing addresses different and the problem is solved.

If MD tried making it illegal for a MD resident to purchase them from an out of state vendor (instead of just selling in state or shipping in state) they would be getting too close to the commerce clause.
[Reply]
Up