Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlos Torano Single Region Jalapa: Review
thesmokeypint 01:46 PM 05-25-2011
On a recent rainy Sunday night, I sat down to smoke a Single Region Serie Jalapa Robusto with smokey pint co-founder Bill.

Info: All you need to know about this cigar is in the name. Not only is it a puro but all the tobacco comes from the Jalapa Valley in Nicaragua – mainly from Torano’s El Estero farm in Jalapa. The leaves, however, do come from different years. This is sort of “the ultimate puro” and, as such, made me skeptical. So many mistakes are made when cigar manufacturers resort to gimmickry in order to stand out in a crowded market, and I wasn’t sure if this was just another. Remember Alec Bradley’s trinity triangle press? Have you smoked any of the double or triple maduros out there? I’m still not sure how long the Nub craze is going to last.

For the full article: http://thesmokeypint.com/2011/05/25/...jalapa-review/
[Reply]
Christiel49 01:53 PM 05-25-2011
Very Nice review!!
[Reply]
warpedcigars 03:10 PM 05-25-2011
Jalapa is my favorite region in Nicaragua, also a favorite to use when blending. But I didn't care for the cigar, I found very little of the sweet aspect I love so much. Maybe I need to revisit it, smoke a few more but my first impression was not good.

LOVE the concept though.
[Reply]
Up