Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CAO Criollo Bomba...Pleasant Surprise
jwillm 11:30 AM 05-25-2011
It's always nice when a cigar surprises you with a wonderful smoking experience. What's weird is when you've had the stick multiple times, and each time it has been unimpressive...until now.

I don't know what made me decide to pull out this stick today with my coffee, but I'm sure happy I did. It had a very pleasant toasty, woody note to it throughout, with a medium finish of a creamy coffee. About halfway through, there was an incredible, slightly sweet spice to it...kind of like chai...that lasted for about an inch. I didn't want it to stop! :-) The burn wasn't the greatest, BUT WHO CARES?!

As I said, every other time I tried this cigar, I didn't care for it much. In general, I don't care for CAO. (Ha in GENERAL! didn't mean that when I wrote it) I don't think I'll be picking up another one of these any time soon though. I'd like to keep a fond memory, rather than let CAO disappoint me yet again.

[Reply]
jwillm 11:31 AM 05-25-2011
sorry about the size of the pic. didn't realize it would be that big. :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 11:49 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by jwillm:
I don't think I'll be picking up another one of these any time soon though. I'd like to keep a fond memory, rather than let CAO disappoint me yet again.
What an interesting concept, thanks for the review. Ive been eye-balling these at my B&M, maybe I will pick one up.

You think you enjoyed this cigar today because it was paired with coffee?
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 11:51 AM 05-25-2011
been one of my favorites for a while.

don't drink coffee but has done well for me sitting around the fire pit shooting the breeze. glad it didn't dissapoint!

shawn
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pektel 11:56 AM 05-25-2011
I like a lot of CAO's offering. I think I have one of these around, that I haven't got around to trying yet...
[Reply]
kickerb 12:06 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I like a lot of CAO's offering. I think I have one of these around, that I haven't got around to trying yet...
get to it Peter! :-)
[Reply]
pektel 12:27 PM 05-25-2011
Heading to a music fest tomorrow morning. That may happen to fall into the herfador. Just wish I had a larger herfador. I, like a noob, bought a 5 count.
[Reply]
kickerb 12:35 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Heading to a music fest tomorrow morning. That may happen to fall into the herfador. Just wish I had a larger herfador. I, like a noob, bought a 5 count.
Live and learn, I too am in that boat. I picked up a 10ct. it is no where near enough for a decent trip. :-)
[Reply]
Up