Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>OOO I Crave more info
CoreyD 07:22 PM 05-24-2011
So googling today I stumbled on something that caught my eye. One of my favorite blenders and cigar makers getting sued
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/15990
Now I crave up to date info and more info that was written. And maybe even more of a picture of whats going on.
[Reply]
DaBear 07:37 PM 05-24-2011
Hmm, this could be interesting. Love the Pepin/My Father sticks. I'd be interested in more info if anyone can find some.
[Reply]
smokepuff 08:24 PM 05-24-2011
There is no other info online about the lawsuit, and that was posted like 4 hours ago.
I'm sure more info will come with time.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:27 PM 05-24-2011
interesting
[Reply]
maninblack 08:41 PM 05-24-2011
Hmmm more info definitely needed. Love Pepin sticks!
[Reply]
kuzi16 09:10 PM 05-24-2011
something similar seems to happen every few years. i can think of a few off the top of my head. Tatuaje got sued last year by altadas , a few years ago Roxor got sued by fuente, LFD is rumored to have been sued by someone to not release a cigar under a specific name.

heck CI even sued Famous cigar. there are tons of names out there. its a fierce playing field with everyone trying to be #1.

most of the time they are friends.
at the same time it is a business
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:15 AM 05-25-2011
Wow this is crazy, why isn't it all over the web by now?

Do you guys know who Eduardo Fernandez is? How bout Tabacalera Tropical factory? Makers of Casa Fernandez, many Padilla cigars, Illusione cigars and many others! He is not a light weight and as far as I'm concerned puts out cigars just as good as the Pepin family does.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:20 AM 05-25-2011
Just found a lot more information about the case here http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=6334

Seems the law suit was filed a week after the IPCPR of 2010. Doesn't sound good for Pepin to me. main thing is it should effect either companys cigars as I love both of them!
[Reply]
jledou 05:18 AM 05-25-2011
my 2cents: corporations sue each other constantly over things like this and typically it is handled out of court.
[Reply]
akumushi 06:27 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by jledou:
my 2cents: corporations sue each other constantly over things like this and typically it is handled out of court.
Not that it won't eventually be settled, but the article tx_tuff posted states the parties involved have already tried and failed to reach an agreement out of court.
This case has the ability to really disrupt a lot of our favorite NC smokes, hopefully the parties involved will solve it with minimum damage to the existing structures. I'd hate to see blend changes on any DPG or Tatuaje products, or see some of the smaller brands change names over this kind of squabbling.
[Reply]
OLS 06:38 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Now I crave up to date info and more info that was written. And maybe even more of a picture of whats going on.
Join Cigar Insider.....that's what they want you to do.
Or you could download a rar file and get it that way.
[Reply]
Angus 07:26 AM 05-25-2011
Don't like this part:

"perhaps the largest impact might come from the Fernandez side. Eduardo Fernandez has long supplied Pepin and his clients with tobacco and if the lawsuit begins to affect this supply, the effect could be… well, large to say the least". :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 07:40 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by smokepuff:
There is no other info online about the lawsuit, and that was posted like 4 hours ago.
I'm sure more info will come with time.
The Cigar Feed broke the story about 5 days ago :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 07:44 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Angus:
Don't like this part:

"perhaps the largest impact might come from the Fernandez side. Eduardo Fernandez has long supplied Pepin and his clients with tobacco and if the lawsuit begins to affect this supply, the effect could be… well, large to say the least". :-)
That is an incorrect statement as far as I have researched and followed the transition of Pepin. Pepin's farms now supply the tobacco for Pepin's cigars.
[Reply]
Angus 07:56 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
That is an incorrect statement as far as I have researched and followed the transition of Pepin. Pepin's farms now supply the tobacco for Pepin's cigars.
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:30 AM 05-25-2011
Very interesting...
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:22 AM 05-25-2011
:-) Very interesting... :-)
[Reply]
Up