Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Punch After Dinner Maduro - Brief review and Question
SteveH 07:42 AM 05-23-2011
Gents,
After hearing about these; I picked up two sticks. Granted; they're short filler - but the price is right; especially for a churchill size stick.
I lit it up and got some excellent coffee, chocolate, and creme flavors..Burned well; but naturally the ash would jump off after 1/2" or so.
However, about 1/2 way through the stick it was not staying lit. I finally got it going again and got strong ammonia :-)
By that point, I was done fighting it and put the stick down...But I got to thinking - being that it was short filler; I wonder if I would have lobbed off 1/2" or so if I could have gotten past it ? Also, being that the 2nd stick I got is from the same box is there a good chance that one maybe skunk'd as well ?

Thanks !
[Reply]
jledou 08:55 AM 05-23-2011
Steve - I can't find anything specifically that says they are long filler or short filler but I didn't think these were short filler. It could have been a dud or could be the box.
In my experience not a typical experience with the Punch NC line.
There is only one way to find out what the second one will do...
[Reply]
SteveH 09:16 AM 05-23-2011
Ya...I read it somewhere....The biotch of it is I shoulda taken it apart to see; but I was frustrated at that point and heaved it into the fire.
I'll give the second one a shot today; and will take apart what is left (if any !) and report back.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:56 AM 05-23-2011
These are long filler.

If it had ammonia, purge or let them rest for a few months and try another.

:-)
[Reply]
taltos 11:24 AM 05-23-2011
To the best of my knowledge, all of the NC Punch cigars are long filler. Might just have been a problem with the cigar having too much humidity.
[Reply]
Up