Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>This Eagles-Cardinals trade
OLS 07:28 AM 05-20-2011
Man what a bombshell, andwhat a great trade for everybody. If you are a Vick fan, anyway.
ME, ehhh, I could care less. But I am an LSU fan, and any move that gets Patrick Peterson OUT
of AZ where I can't watch him play and into Philly, where Lord, look out for the boy, is good to me.
I think there was no way Kolb was gonna get playing time, and if they pulled Vick for Kolb again, it was
going to be a whole thing. So I like this move a WHOOOOOooole lot. This should be fun to watch.

Oh and btw, if you just joined us, The eagles shipped Kevin Kolb out to Arizona in exchange for Patrick Peterson
and SOMEONE got a second rounder next year, too, not sure which way that went, lol. Of course, there will
be no football anyway, but I like the trade.
[Reply]
Noodles 07:41 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Man what a bombshell, andwhat a great trade for everybody. If you are a Vick fan, anyway.
ME, ehhh, I could care less. But I am an LSU fan, and any move that gets Patrick Peterson OUT
of AZ where I can't watch him play and into Philly, where Lord, look out for the boy, is good to me.
I think there was no way Kolb was gonna get playing time, and if they pulled Vick for Kolb again, it was
going to be a whole thing. So I like this move a WHOOOOOooole lot. This should be fun to watch.

Oh and btw, if you just joined us, The eagles shipped Kevin Kolb out to Arizona in exchange for Patrick Peterson
and SOMEONE got a second rounder next year, too, not sure which way that went, lol. Of course, there will
be no football anyway, but I like the trade.

Huh? I don't see any news of it. Are they even allowed to do a trade sans CBA or during a lockout?

There has been speculations of from ESPN experts of a trade happening between Eagles and Cardinals as soon as lockout is lifted for several weeks now. Patrick Peterson is one of the name FANS suggested.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:47 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Noodles:
Huh? I don't see any news of it. Are they even allowed to do a trade sans CBA or during a lockout?
Yea I don't see anything either. Plus I'm pretty sure the lockout would prevent a trade.

Are you playing Madden GM, Brad? :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 08:05 AM 05-20-2011
I think this a rumored trade that many analysts believe is a fait accompli once the lockout is lifted. Andy Reid denies it, but multiple sources were reporting yesterday the deal is in place.
[Reply]
kgoings 09:16 AM 05-20-2011
Everything is speculation right now and you have 10 different analysts saying 10 different things. As a Cardinal fan if the price includes a 1st round pick forget it. I would rather have Palmer.

Pro Football Focus did a great writeup on Kolb.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...or-feeley-ish/

Love the stuff they put out.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:21 AM 05-20-2011
IMO, straight up that would be a STEAL for Philly....
[Reply]
E.J. 09:22 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I would rather have Palmer.
No doubt...
[Reply]
Noodles 12:21 PM 05-20-2011
I would rather have Palmer.
That's what the Skins fan said or sentiment when they traded for McNabb. Be careful what you wish for.
[Reply]
Sled Dog 01:27 PM 05-20-2011
I know its speculation, but giving up Patrick Peterson... i'm not sure i would do that. I think he could be the next Revis.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:49 PM 05-20-2011
...I would rather have Palmer.
You must not know Mike Brown. Mike Brown is a complete a-hole. He would rather make Palmer retire than trade him.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:49 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Sled Dog:
I know its speculation, but giving up Patrick Peterson... i'm not sure i would do that. I think he could be the next Revis.
That is my point..... Everyone knows what Kolb is.... He is a solid QB, nothing more. Even when given the job in Philly, he could not hold it. He started 7 games, threw as many to the other guys as touchdowns to his own team. Had a passer rating of 76.1... He is a career 11(TD) - 14(INT) -73.2 PR guy....

Peterson is considered by most the easiest lock in the draft, he is can't miss.... Potentially a 10 year Pro Bowl second coming of Champ Bailey.

Give up that upside for Kolb? I have never understood the fascination with this guy....but obviously he is well thought of....:-) Kolb is Alex Smith, but he actually had an offense around him....so maybe has more risk...
[Reply]
E.J. 01:54 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Kolb is Alex Smith, but he actually had an offense around him....so maybe has more risk...
Went to look it up to see where my comparison stood and here are the numbers.... 51(TD) - 53(INT) - 72.1

Not bad if I say so myself...:-)

Again, Kolb has had a chitload of talent around him and a stable coaching staff, unlike Smith in SF, where they go through OC's like practice squad players....
[Reply]
Up