Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A.Fuentes 75th Anniversary
Garbandz 09:15 AM 05-19-2011
I was given the new Fuentes 75th Anniversary cigar by Cynthia Fuentes at our celebration of Toast Across America this past April 30th. It is an amazing smoke, very rich and complex,aromas are compelling and delicious.

This stick was a robusto size,box pressed,medium brown wrapper with the white 75th Anniversary second band.They smoke great right now,and I think they will be excellent with a little age.They are not in my local shop yet,I expect they will show up soon.I strongly recommend you try them.

Thank you Cynthia for a wonderful chance to meet you and the Toast Across America program you support........:-)
[Reply]
JJG 12:18 PM 05-19-2011
That sounds awesome Tom. As a Fuente fan, I'm intrigued now. Does anyone have more info regarding the blend and/or availabilty on these?
[Reply]
Aero95 12:30 PM 05-19-2011
Seen a few pictures of them and they look good. I believe its a Don Carlos if I remember right.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 12:36 PM 05-19-2011
i have yet to have anything bad by Fuente, everything i have had by them has been outstanding... Will be on the look out thanks for the heads up...
[Reply]
BSB 12:41 PM 05-19-2011
I don't believe you are gonna see these for sale. A special production for Don Carlos's 75th birthday. Single boxes were sent out to retailers as a gift. Some sold, some kept, some gave away. Apparently, they are being handed out at special events, as well.
Most feel it is just a special banded Don Carlos Robusto.
[Reply]
TBone 12:56 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by BSB:
I don't believe you are gonna see these for sale. A special production for Don Carlos's 75th birthday. Single boxes were sent out to retailers as a gift. Some sold, some kept, some gave away. Apparently, they are being handed out at special events, as well.
That's a bummer as I too am into the Fuente line and certainly would have tried this...thanks for sharing
[Reply]
themoneycollector 06:07 PM 05-19-2011
I also doubt that these will be released.

IIRC Carlos's 75 b-day was in 2010.
[Reply]
BSB 10:09 AM 05-20-2011
They were a very hard cigar to find.
[Reply]
Brooks W 12:15 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by BSB:
This is (mostly) correct...no one knows how many boxes were produced, but they are (almost certainly) Don Carlos Senior Blend (info here: http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew...ch&cat=0&pos=2 ) with an extra band...

Here are some pics, for those interested, of the cigar, box and card that came with it...I have managed to track down about 3, but they are VERY hard to get ahold of, and they are not being produced again (as far as I know)...

That reminds me, I need to do a review :-)

Hope that helps!

~brooks
[Reply]
ucla695 12:35 PM 05-20-2011
Cool. Thanks for the pics!
[Reply]
ucla695 12:39 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
This is (mostly) correct...no one knows how many boxes were produced, but they are (almost certainly) Don Carlos Senior Blend (info here: fixed ) with an extra band...

~brooks
Fixed the link for you.
[Reply]
Brooks W 12:51 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Fixed the link for you.

~brooks
[Reply]
baddevildog82 08:28 AM 05-26-2011
Brooks beat me to it. These are likely senior blend robustos. I have not smoked a 75th, but the senior blend robustos I have had have been excellent. Heck, regular Don Carlos Robustos are excellent! I love the Don Carlos line and the smooth, rich flavors that are present.
[Reply]
Up